Second and Third installments of lunchtime webinar series
Date/Time: Monday, 9th January 2017 - Tuesday, 10th January 2017
Venue: 4.13, Level 4, Kingsgate
The Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) are running a series of lunchtime webinars on staff recruitment.
The webinars will consider the recruitment process through the lens of diversity with a focus on how to tackle bias, promote inclusion and increase diversity.
Following the first session on attracting a diverse talent pool in November 2016, the second and third sessions will be held in January 2017:
2: Shortlisting and assessment: 9 January 12:30-13:30
• Challenges of assessment and shortlisting including bias in assessment
• Positive action and practices and process that increase diversity
3: Interviews and selection: 10 January 12:30-13:30
• Adverse impact in the interviewing process
• Reducing bias in the interview process
• Implementing relevant law such as the tie breaker
• Tackling questions of fit and managing the transition of the ‘out group’ employee into their new team
Registration is now open. Complete the online registration form here.