Travelling to Newcastle
Situated in the North East of England, Newcastle has excellent transport links with major UK and international cities.
Easy to get to
- Road - the A1(M) running north to south passes close by the city centre
- Rail - Newcastle is about 3 hours from London
- Air - Newcastle International Airport is only seven miles away
- Coach/Bus - the main coach station is located in the city centre
- Sea - ferries run from nearby North Shields to Holland
Newcastle is a compact city so it's easy to cycle or walk around. The Metro rail network offers fast, efficient travel around the city and Tyneside.
We have a number of maps to help you find your way around the city and campus.
Travel planning websites
Accommodation in Newcastle
The tourist information site NewcastleGateshead provides an accommodation database and free booking service.