Run all taps on sinks and baths as well as the shower for ten minutes when you first move into your property. This is to flush out old water sitting in the pipes that may carry bacteria.
Do this whenever you've been away from your accommodation for a long time.
Download our guide on How to Read Your Water Meter (PDF: 147 KB).
Gas and electricity
The information from these links will help you stay safe and save energy:
The following links provide useful information and guidance for your area and during your tenancy.
- Right to Rent Documents Check (PDF: 2.02 MB)
- Newcastle Accreditation Scheme
- Deposit protection (Tenancy Deposit Scheme)
- Complaints procedure
Bins and recycling
- Bin collection and Envirocall
- End of tenancy recycling (for further information ring 0844 334 1410)
- Environmental sustainability
TV and Council Tax
- TV licensing
- Council tax
Safety and welfare
Information from these links will help you to stay safe and prevent crime: