Early rent payment
Early payment by the end of your first week's contract for full academic year stays, may entitle you to receive a 2% discount on your accommodation rent.
Please see your contract for details of the discounted amount to pay and the deadline date to qualify. You will not receive an invoice for this, so please make a discounted payment.
One term/One semester students
Rent payment is required in advance and you may be eligible to receive the 2% early rent payment discount.
Payment by credit/debit cardPayment by credit/debit card
For your ease and convenience, payments can be made in the following ways:
Telephone - please contact the Accommodation Finance team on +44 (0) 191 208 1971
In person - at the Cash Office located in King's Gate Student Services Building
Information or overseas card usersInformation or overseas card users
Dynamic Currency Conversion
If you choose to pay your fees using an overseas card, you may be offered our Dynamic Currency Conversion (DCC) Service, powered by FEXCO. This is a convenient service that offers you the choice to pay your student fee in your home currency.
Benefits for you:
- Experience instant conversion to a familiar currency
- Today's exchange rate
- The amount quoted at the time of sale is the final amount you will be charged by Newcastle University for your fee in your home currency
- Available for both VISA and MasterCard cardholders DCC is available on a number of currencies*, including: Euro, US Dollar, Austrailian Dollar, Candaian Dollar, Hong Kong Dollar, Japanese Dollar, Norwegian Krone, Swedish Krone
* DCC Supported currencies vary depending on the bank
Payment by UK bank transferPayment by UK bank transfer
You can pay by UK bank transfer using the details below. Quote your student number and accommodation as the reference.
It can take several days for the money to move from one account to another, so leave plenty of time.
Bank: Barclays Bank plc, 49-51 Northumberland Street, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7AF
Sort Code: 20-59-42
Account Number: 20177776
Account Name: University of Newcastle
Payment by international bank transferPayment by international bank transfer
GlobalPay (powered by our preferred partner Western Union Business Solutions) allows you, your parents and sponsors to pay GBP student fees in the currency of your choice via bank transfer or online e-wallet, providing a simple and secure way to initiate payment.
Benefits for you:
- Intuitive, mobile friendly interface for a seamless payment experience
- Pay international fees by bank transfer or online e-wallet
- Convenient payment methods including AliPay, Ten Pay, UnionPay, Trustly, Sofort, etc
- No transaction charges from Newcastle University of Western Union Business Solutions
- Favourable exchange rates compared to most banks
- Track your payment step by step
- Peace of mind that your full payment is received by Newcastle University
- Multi-language platform: French, Mandarin, Cantonese, Korean, Indonesian, English, Spanish and Hindi
- Customer support service to help you in every step
To receive a quote please visit: https://student.globalpay.wu.com/geo-buyer/newcastle
Payment by chequePayment by cheque
If you wish to make payments by cheque, please make them payable to Newcastle University. Write your student number and Accommodation address on the back.
The University does not accept post-dated cheques.
Cheques should be posted to: Income Section, Level 4 King's Gate, Newcastle University, NE1 7RU