About the School
We continue to advance knowledge through our teaching and research activities.
From the food we eat to the environment in which we live, we promote excellence in research and teaching relating to food, agriculture, rural environments, the countryside, and the rural economy.
Our research extends across the spectrum of:
- food science and human health
- agricultural science and management
- soil and environmental science
- rural economy and society
- food and product marketing
We bring together 60 academic staff across a wide range of disciplines within the natural and social sciences.
We have recently been awarded the Athena SWAN Bronze Award for committing to provide a fair working environment for all.
- inspire our students
- create an exciting yet supportive environment in which to study
- ensure the quality of our teaching and learning provision