The Society is a registered charity with close links to Newcastle University and our School whose aims are to:
- provide a forum for the discussion of development in agriculture and related industries
- provide a link between the research work of our School and the industries it serves
- promote and support the work of our School and our students
- provide assistance, advice and contacts to graduates of our School as careers develop after leaving Newcastle
These aims are achieved through a programme of regular meetings, newsletters, and the annual Reunion Dinner held in November each year.
The 65th annual dinner was held at the Centre for Life in November and the event was a great success. Please view the photos of the night. This year’s dinner is on Saturday 14th November 2015 (66th) and next year Saturday 12th November 2016 (67th).
Booking and information for UNAS dinner 2015.
To join the Society, complete the UNAS membership form (Word doc: 33KB).
It can be returned, along with a completed standing order mandate, by email or post.
Please join our Agric Alumni LinkedIn group too.
UNAS members automatically qualify as a member of The Alumni Association of Newcastle University, which offers a range of lifetime benefits to members. These include access to the Robinson Library, a discount on postgraduate tuition fees at the University, as well as other off-campus discounts.
- Secretary: Dr Paul Bilsborrow
- Chairman: Mr William Bradwell
- Hon. Treasurer: Mr Simon Smith
- Vice Chairman: Mr Jack Smith
- Journal Editor: Mr Jonathan Goodfellow
- Committee: Mr James Brown, Miss Nicola Burkinshaw, Mr George Gooderham, Mr Rob Scholey, Mr James Stark, Mr James Steele
UNAS is registered as a Charity. No 528058.
Update your details
Please ensure we have the most up to date details for you so that we can keep you updated with all of our news and events.
Classic UNAS ties are available. In polyester, these have a dark-green background with purple/white/gold diagonal stripes. Cost including post and packing - £7.50 per tie.
A range of polo and rugby shirts, v-neck pullovers and other leisurewear is available embroidered with the ‘Agrics’ logo. If you would like further information about any of our branded merchandise or would like to place an order, please contact us.