Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Agriculture , Food & Rural Development publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching. A full list of recent publications is given below; you can search this database for a researcher's name, publication year or a key word.
You can also find a selection of work published recently by individual staff members on their personal pages. Some of the research centres also have full lists of publications.
Year: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1978 1977 1976 1975
- Brandt K. Are Organic Foods Safer or Healthier?.
Annals of Internal Medicine 2013, 158(4), 295-295.
- Parikh S, Brownlee IA, Robertson AG, Manning NT, Johnson GE, Brodlie M, Corris PA, Ward C, Pearson JP. Are the enzymatic methods currently being used to measure bronchoalveolar lavage bile salt levels fit for purpose?.
Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation 2013, 32, 418-423.
- Iye EL, Bilsborrow PE. Assessment of the availability of agricultural residues on a zonal basis for medium- to large-scale bioenergy production in Nigeria.
Biomass and Bioenergy 2013, 48, 66-74.
- Gkartzios M, Scott M. Attitudes to housing and planning policy in rural localities: disparities between long-term and mobile rural populations in Ireland.
Land Use Policy 2013, 31, 347-357.
- Klerkx L, Proctor A. Beyond fragmentation and disconnect: Networks for knowledge exchange in the English land management advisory system.
Land Use Policy 2013, 30(1), 13-24.
- Brandt K, Fawcett L, Haldar S, Seal CJ. Changes in markers of cardiovascular disease risk in healthy volunteers consuming increasing doses of either wholegrain wheat or wholegrain rye.
American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013. In Preparation.
- Eyre MD, Luff ML, Leifert C. Crop, field boundary, productivity and disturbance influences on ground beetles (Coleoptera, Carabidae) in the agroecosystem.
Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 2013, 165, 60-67.
- Lloyd AJ, Beckmann M, Haldar S, Seal C, Brandt K, Draper J. Data-driven strategy for the discovery of potential urinary biomarkers of habitual dietary exposure.
The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition 2013, 97(2), 377-389.
- Newbery R, Sauer J, Gorton M, Phillipson J, Atterton J. Determinants of the Performance of Business Associations in rural settlements in the United Kingdom: an analysis of members’ satisfaction and willingness-to-pay for association survival.
Environment and Planning A 2013. In Press.
- Szyszka O, Tolkamp BJ, Edwards SA, Kyriazakis I. Do the changes in the behaviours of cattle during parasitism with Ostertagia ostertagi have a potential diagnostic value?.
Veterinary Parasitology 2013, 193(1-3), 214-222.
- Kendall H, Kuznesof S, Seal CJ, Dobson S, Brennan M. Domestic food safety and the older consumer: A segmentation analysis.
Food Quality and Preference 2013, 28(1), 396-406.
- Srednicka-Tober D, Baranski M, Gromadzka-Ostrowska J, Skwarlo-Sonta K, Rembialkowska E, Hajslova J, Schulzova V, Cakmak I, Ozturk L, Krolikowski T, Wisniewska K, Hallmann E, Baca E, Eyre M, Steinshamn H, Jordon T, Leifert C. Effect of Crop Protection and Fertilization Regimes Used in Organic and Conventional Production Systems on Feed Composition and Physiological Parameters in Rats.
Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 2013, 61(5), 1017-1029.
- Tétard-Jones C, Edwards MG, Rempelos L, Gatehouse AMR, Eyre M, Wilcockson SJ, Leifert C. Effects of previous crop management, fertilization regime and watersupply on potato tuber proteome and yield.
Agronomy 2013, 3(1), 59-85.
- Giles E, Brennan M. Establishing an Energy Balance: The Food, Alcohol and Physical Activity Behaviours of Young Adults.
Appetite 2013. Submitted.
- Brennan M, McCarthy M. Exploring Domestic Food Safety Risk through an individual, social or action Lens?.
Food Policy 2013. In Preparation.
- Stewart-Knox B, Kuznesof S, Robinson J, Rankin A, Orr K, Duffy M, Poínhos R, Vaz-de-Almeidac MD, Macready A, Gallagher C, Berezowska A, Fischer ARH, Navas-Carreterog S, Riemer M, Traczyk I, Gjelstad IMF, Mavrogianni C, Frewer LJ. Factors Influencing Uptake of Personalised Nutrition: Qualitative research from 8 European countries.
Appetite 2013. In Press.
- Frewer LJ, Fischer ARH, Brennan M, Bergman K, Lion R, Meertens R, Rowe G, Siegrist M, Verbeke W, Vereijken C. Food Risk/Benefit Communication: A systematic Review.
Critical Reviews in Food Science and Nutrition 2013. Submitted.
- Sehib K, Jackson EL, Gorton M. Gender, social acceptability and the adoption of supermarkets: evidence from Libya.
International Journal of Consumer Studies 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Frewer LJ, Kleter GA, Brennan M, Coles D, Fischer ARH, Houdebine LM, Mora C, Millar K, Salter B. Genetically Modified Animals from Life-Science, Socio-Economic and Ethical Perspectives: Examining issues in an EU policy context.
New Biotechnology 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Scott K. Happiness on your doorstep: the boundary problems of wellbeing and localism.
The Geographical Journal 2013. Submitted.
- Beckmann M, Lloyd AJ, Haldar S, Seal CJ, Brandt K, Draper J. Hydroxylated phenylacetamides derived from bioactive benzoxazinoids are bioavailable in humans after habitual consumption of wholegrain sourdough rye bread.
Molecular Nutrition & Food Research 2013. In Press.
- Shakir A, Chaudhry AS, Qazi JI. Impact of anthropogenic activities on physico-chemical parameters of water and mineral uptake in Catla catla from river Ravi, Pakistan.
Environmental Monitoring and Assessment 2013, 185(3), 2833-2842.
- Franks JR, Emery SB. Incentivising Collaborative Conservation: Lessons from existing Environmental Stewardship Scheme options.
Land Use Policy 2013, 30(1), 847-862.
- Haghighi RS, Critchley N, Leifert C, Eyre M, Cooper J. Individual and interactive effects of crop type and management on weed and seed bank composition in an organic rotation.
International Journal of Plant Production 2013, 7(2), 243-268.
- Stergiadis S, Leifert C, Seal CJ, Eyre MD, Butler G. Individual cow variation on milk polyunsaturated fatty acids.
In: The Nutrition Society Scottish Section Meeting. Polyunsaturated Fatty Acid Mediators: Implications for human health. 2013, Edunburgh, UK. In Press.
- Balasubramaniam V, Mustar S, MustafaKhalid N, AbdRashed A, MohdNoh MF, Wilcox MD, Chater PI, Brownlee IA, Pearson JP. Inhibitory activities of three Malaysian edible seaweeds on lipase and α-amylase.
Journal of Applied Phycology 2013, 1-8. In Press.
- Fazey I, Evely AC, Reed MS, Stringer LC, Kruijsen J, White PCL, Newsham A, Jin LX, Cortazzi M, Phillipson J, Blackstock K, Entwistle N, Sheate W, Armstrong F, Blackmore C, Fazey J, Ingram J, Gregson J, Lowe P, Morton S, Trevitt C. Knowledge exchange: a review and research agenda for environmental management.
Environmental Conservation 2013, 40(1), 19-36.
- Sakkas P, Jones LA, Houdijk JG, Athanasiadou S, Knox DP, Kyriazakis I. Leucine and methionine deficiency impairs immunity to gastrointestinal parasites during lactation.
British Journal of Nutrition 2013, 109(2), 273-282.
- Quemada M, Baranski M, Nobel-deLange MNJ, Vallejo A, Cooper JM. Meta-analysis of strategies to control nitrate leaching in irrigated agricultural systems and their effects on crop yield.
Agriculture, Ecosystems and Environment 2013. Submitted.
- Emery SB, Perks MT, Bracken LJ. Negotiating river restoration: The role of divergent reframing in environmental decision-making.
Geoforum 2013. In Press.
- Jaworowska A, Blackham T, Davies I, Stevenson L. Nutritional challenges and health implications of takeaway and fast food.
Nutrition Reviews 2013, 71(5), 310-318.
- Remoundou K, Brennan M, Hart A, Frewer LJ. Pesticide risk perceptions, knowledge and attitudes of operators, workers, residents and bystanders. A review of literature.
Human and Ecological Risk Assessment 2013. Submitted.
- Norris M, Gkartzios M, Coates D. Property-led urban, town and rural regeneration in Ireland: positive and perverse outcomes in different spatial and socio-economic contexts.
European Planning Studies 2013. In Press.
- Rempelos L, Cooper J, Wilcockson S, Eyre M, Shotton P, Volakakis N, Orr CH, Leifert C, Gatehouse AMR, Tétard-Jones C. Quantitative proteomics to study the response of potato to contrasting fertilisation regimes.
Molecular Breeding 2013, 31(2), 363-378.
- Tétard-Jones C, Shotton PN, Rempelos L, Cooper J, Eyre M, Orr CH, Leifert C, Gatehouse AMR. Quantitative proteomics to study the response of wheat to contrasting fertilisation regimes.
Molecular Breeding 2013, 31(2), 379-393.
- Harvey DR, Hubbard C. Reconsidering the political economy of farm animal welfare: An anatomy of market failure.
Food Policy 2013, 38, 105-114.
- Phillipson J, Symes D. Science for sustainable fisheries management: An interdisciplinary approach.
Fisheries Research 2013, 139, 61-64.
- McCarthy M, Croin J, Brennan M, McCarthy S. The Bigger Society: Considered Lived Consumption Experiences in Managing Social Change around Obesity.
European Journal of Marketing 2013. Submitted.
- Brownlee IA, Kuznesof S, Moore C, Jebb SA, Seal CJ. The impact of a 16-week dietary intervention with prescribed amounts of whole-grain foods on subsequent, elective whole grain consumption.
British Journal of Nutrition 2013, (epub ahead of print).
- Palmer MW, Cooper J, Tetard-Jones C, Rednicka-Tober D, Baranski M, Eyre M, Shotton PN, Volkakis N, Cakmak I, Ozturk L, Leifert C, Wilcockson SJ, Bilsborrow PE. The influence of organic and conventional fertilisation and crop protection practices, preceding crop, harvest year and weather conditions on yield and quality of potato (Solanum tuberosum) in a long-term management trial.
European Journal of Agronomy 2013, 49, 83-92.
- Karamperidis S, Jackson E, Mangan J. The use of indices in the maritime transport sector.
Maritime Policy & Management 2013. In Preparation.
- Scott K, Bell D. Trying to measure local wellbeing: indicator development as a site of discursive struggles.
Environment and Planning C: Government and Policy 2013. In Press.
- Kaptan G, Shiloh S, Onkal D. Values and Risk Perceptions: A Cross-Cultural Examination.
Risk Analysis 2013, 33(2), 318-332.
- Stergiadis S, Seal CJ, Leifert C, Eyre MD, Larsen MK, Butler G. Variation in nutritionally relevant components in retail Jersey and Guernsey whole milk.
Food Chemistry 2013, 139(1-4), 540-548.
- Phillipson J, Proctor A, Lowe P, Donaldson A. Veterinary Field Expertise and Knowledge Exchange.
In: Henry, C, ed. Veterinary Business & Enterprise. Elsevier, 2013. Submitted.
- Hill TR. Vitamin D and Health: Current Perspectives and Future Direction.
Agro Food Industry Hi Tech 2013. In Press.
- Scott K. Wellbeing and rural cultural economies: Exploring potential sites of resistance to neoliberalism.
2013. In Preparation.
- Lowe P, Phillipson J, Wilkinson K. Why social scientists should engage with natural scientists.
Contemporary Social Science 2013, (epub ahead of print).