Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Agriculture , Food & Rural Development publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching. A full list of recent publications is given below; you can search this database for a researcher's name, publication year or a key word.
You can also find a selection of work published recently by individual staff members on their personal pages. Some of the research centres also have full lists of publications.
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975
- Ward S, Lowe P. Adaptation, Participation and Reaction: British Local Government - EU Environmental Relations.
Newcastle upon Tyne: University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1994. CRE Research Reports.
- Frewer LJ, Shepherd R. Attributing information to different sources: Effects on the perceived qualities of information, on the perceived relevance of information and effects on attitude formation.
Public Understanding of Science 1994, 3(4), 385-401.
- CHAUDHRY, A.S. and Miller, E.L. Effect of hydrogen peroxide-dependent enzyme systems on the in vitro digestibility of barley straw.
Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1994, 64, 371-378.
- Cooper JM, Warman PR. Effects of three fertility amendments on soil dehydrogenase activity, organic C and pH.
Canadian Journal of Soil Science 1994, 77, 281-283.
- Carter N, Lowe P. Environmental politics and administrative reform.
Political Quarterly 1994, 65(3), 263-275.
- Lowe P, Murdoch J. European review 1992/93.
In: Gilg AW; Dilley RS; Furuseth O; Lowe PD; McDonald, G; Murdoch J, ed. Progress in Rural Policy and Planning. Chichester: John Wiley, 1994, pp.209-224.
- O'Brien GM, Wheatley CC, Iglesias C, Poulter NH. Evaluation, modification and comparison of two rapid assays for cyanogens in cassava.
Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture 1994, 65, 391-399.
- Whatmore S, Marsden T, Lowe P, ed. Gender and Rurality.
London: David Fulton, 1994.
- Sparks P, Shepherd R, Frewer LJ. Gene technology, food production and public opinion: A UK study.
Agriculture and Human Values 1994, 11(1), 19-28.
- CHAUDHRY, A.S. and Miller, E.L. In vitro digestibility of barley and wheat straws treated with hydrogen peroxide, sodium hydroxide and sodium peroxide under various conditions.
Animal Feed Science and Technology 1994, 50, 1-15.
- Flynn A, Lowe P. Local politics and rural restructuring: the case of the contested countryside.
In: D. Symes;A.J. Jansen, ed. Agricultural Restructuring and Rural Change in Europe. Wageningen: The Agricultural University, 1994.
- Leinonen I, Repo T, Hänninen H, Burr KE. Modelling frost hardiness of trees.
In: V. Symposium on Cold Hardiness in Animals and Plants. 1994, Arnhem, Netherlands.
- Lowe P. Networks in Rural Development.
In: Il Sistema di Agrimarketing e le Reti d'Impresa. 1994, Assisi, Italy: Centro per lo Sviluppo Agricolo e Rurale.
- Lowe P, Marsden T, Whatmore S, ed. Regulating Agriculture.
London: David Fulton, 1994.
- Ward N, Lowe P. Shifting values in agriculture: the farm family and pollution regulation.
Journal of Rural Studies 1994, 10(2), 173-184.
- Clark J, Lowe P, Seymour S, Ward N. Sustainable Agriculture and Pollution Regulation in the UK.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 1994. Centre for Rural Economy working paper series 13.
- Frewer LJ, Shepherd R, Sparks P. The interrelationship between perceived knowledge, control and risk associated with a range of food erlated hazards targeted at the self, other people and society.
Journal of Food Safety 1994, 14(1), 19-40.
- Allanson P, Murdoch J, Lowe P, Garrod G. The Rural Economy : An Evolutionary Perspective.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 1994. Centre for Rural Economy working paper series 1.