Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Agriculture , Food & Rural Development publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching. A full list of recent publications is given below; you can search this database for a researcher's name, publication year or a key word.
You can also find a selection of work published recently by individual staff members on their personal pages. Some of the research centres also have full lists of publications.
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975
- Gowing JW, Tarimo A, El-Awad O. A rational method for assessing irrigation performance at farm level with the aid of fuzzy set theory.
Irrigation and Drainage Systems, 10, 319-330 1996.
- Dawson PJ, Tiffin R. Average earnings, minimum wages and Granger-Causality in agriculture in England and Wales.
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, 58, 435-442 1996.
- Gowing JW, Lankford B. The impact of design approximations on the operational performance of an irrigation scheme: A case study in Malaysia.
Irrigation and Drainage Systems, 10, 193-205 1996.
- Leinonen I. A simulation model for the annual frost hardiness and freeze damage of Scots pine.
Annals of Botany 1996, 78(6), 687-693.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD, Benson JF, Carter M. Benefits and costs of the Wildlife Enhancement Scheme: A case study of the Pevensey Levels.
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 1996, 39(3), 387-401.
- Lowe P. Blueprint for a rural economy.
In: Allanson P; Whitby M, ed. The Rural Economy and The British Countryside. London: Earthscan, 1996, pp.187-202.
- Whitby M, Hodge I, Lowe P, Saunders C. Conservation options for CAP reform.
Ecos 1996, 17(4), 46-55.
- Kuznesof S, Ritson C. Consumer acceptability of genetically modified foods with special reference to farmed salmon.
British Food Journal, 98, (4-5), 39-47 1996.
- Liddon A. Creative solutions.
The Health Service Journal 1996.
- Leinonen I. Dependence of dormancy release on temperature in different origins of Pinus sylvestris and Betula pendula seedlings.
Scandinavian Journal of Forest Research 1996, 11(1), 122-128.
- Lowe P, Ward N, Seymour S, Clark J. Farm pollution as environmental crime.
Science as Culture 1996, 5(4), 588-612.
- Lowe P, Rutherford A, Baldock D. Implications of the Cork Declaration.
Ecos: a review of conservation 1996, 17(3/4), 42-45.
- Suhubdy, Young, B.A., CHAUDHRY, A.S. and Goodwin, P.J. Intake by sheep of sugarcane bagasse supplemented with cottonseed meal and sucrose or a protected fat.
Animal Production in Australia 1996, 22, 344.
- Beuker E, Hari P, Holopainen J, Holopainen T, Hypen H, Hänninen H, Karjalainen T, Kellomäki S, Juurola E, Koski V, Laine K, Leinonen I, Liski J, Neuvonen S, Niemelä P, Nissinen A, Peltola H, Repo T, Talkkari A, Wang KY, Westman CJ. Metsät.
In: Kuusisto, E., Kauppi, L., Heikinheimo, P, ed. Ilmastonmuutos ja Suomi. Helsinki, Finland: Helsinki University Press, 1996, pp.71-106.
- Kramer K, Friend AD, Leinonen I. Modelling comparison to evaluate the importance of phenology for the effects of climate change on growth of mixed-species temperate-zone deciduous forests.
Climate Research 1996, 7, 31-41.
- Hänninen H, Leinonen I, Repo T, Kellomäki S. Overwintering and productivity of Scots pine in changing climate.
Silva Fennica 1996, 30(2-3), 229-237.
- Younger, A., Wilcockson, S.J. and Cain, P.J. Physical Performance of an Integrated Farming System; in Legumes in Sustainable Farming Systems.
In: Occasional Publication no. 30, British Grassland Society; Ed. by D Younie, SAC, Aberdeen, 314-316. 1996.
- Leinonen I, Repo T, Hänninen H. Testing of frost hardiness models for Pinus sylvestris in natural conditions and in elevated temperature.
Silva Fennica 1996, 30(2-3), 159-168.
- Lowe P. The British Rural White Papers.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 1996. Centre for Rural Economy working paper series 21.
- Leinonen I, Repo T, Hänninen H. The change in the environmental response of frost hardiness of Scots pine during dehardening.
In: Fifth International Plant Cold Hardiness Seminar. 1996, Corvallis, Oregon, USA.
- Dawson, P.J. and Madden, P. The Compariative Statics of a Competitive Increasing-Cost Industry with Production Quotas.
European Review of Agricultural Economics, 23, 49-57 1996.
- Baldock D, Lowe P. The development of European agri-environmental policy.
In: Whitby M, ed. The European Environment and CAP Reform: Policies and Prospects for Conservation. Wallingford: CAB International, 1996, pp.8-25.
- CHAUDHRY, A.S. and Miller, E.L. The effect of sodium hydroxide and alkaline hydrogen peroxide on chemical composition of wheat straw and voluntary intake, growth and digesta kinetics in store lambs.
Animal Feed Science and Technology 1996, 60, 69-86.
- Granzin, B.C., Dryden, G.M. and CHAUDHRY, A.S. The effects of alkalis and oxidants on the nutritive value and in sacco disappearance of Rhodes grass hay (Chloris gayana cv Callide).
Animal Production in Australia 1996, 22, 386.
- Ward N, Buller H, Lowe P. The Europeanisation of local environmental politics: Bathing water pollution in south-west England.
Local Environment 1996, 1(1), 21-32.
- Symes, D. and Phillipson, J. The imperative of institutional reform: alternative models and the UK fishing industry.
In: Proceedings of the VII Annual Conference of the European Association of Fisheries Economists. 1996, Portsmouth.
- Frewer LJ, Howard C, Shepherd R. The influence of realistic product exposure on attitudes twards genetic engineering of foodstuffs.
Food Quality and Preference 1996, 7(1), 61-67.
- Flynn A, Lowe P, Winter M. The political power of farmers: an English perspective.
Rural History 1996, 7(1), 15-32.
- Kuznesof S, Ritson C. The Role of Marketing Rural Food Products.
The Rural Economy and the British Countryside. London: Earthscan. Eds: Allanson, P. and Whitby, M., , 99-115 1996.
- Phillipson J. The sustainable development of UK fisheries: opportunities for co-management.
Sociologia Ruralis 1996, 36(2), 201-211.
- Kellomäki S, Hänninen H, Repo T, Karjalainen T, Laitinen K, Leinonen I. Vuonna 2100 uusi uljas metsä?.
Tiede 2000 1996, 1(96), 34-39.
- Frewer LJ, Howard C, Hedderley D, Shepherd R. What determines trust in information about food-related risks? Underlying psychological constructs.
Risk Analysis 1996, 16(4), 473-486.