Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Agriculture , Food & Rural Development publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching. A full list of recent publications is given below; you can search this database for a researcher's name, publication year or a key word.
You can also find a selection of work published recently by individual staff members on their personal pages. Some of the research centres also have full lists of publications.
Year: 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1978 1977 1976 1975
- Younger A, Rimmer DL. Land reclamation after coal mining operations.
Contaminated Land and its Reclamation: Issues in Environmental Science and Technology. Eds Hester RE & Harrison RM. Pub. Royal Society of Chemistry, 7, 73-90 1997.
- Tiffin AL, Dawson PJ. Measuring Oligopolistic Distortion in the UK Frozen Potato Product Sector: A Calibration Modelling Approach.
Journal of Agricultural Economics, 48 (3), 300-312 1997.
- Tipple AG, DT Korboe, GD Garrod. "A Comparison of original owners and inheritors in housing supply and extension in Kumasi, Ghana".
Environment and Planning B., 24 889-902 1997.
- Frewer LJ, Hedderley D, Howard C, Shepherd R. "Objection" mapping in determining group and individual concerns regarding genetic engineering.
Agriculture and Human Values 1997, 14(1), 67-79.
- Phillipson, J. and Crean., K. Alternative management systems for the UK fishing industry.
Ocean & Coastal Management 1997, 35(2-3), 185-99.
- Leach MC. Animal Training – A controversial form of enrichment.
Ratel 1997, 25, 49-58.
- Leinonen I, Repo T, Hänninen H. Changing environmental effects on frost hardiness of Scots pine during dehardening.
Annals of Botany 1997, 79(2), 133-138.
- Frewer LJ, Howard C, Hedderley D, Shepherd R. Consumer attitudes towards different food-processing technologies used in cheese production: the influence of consumer benefit.
Food Quality and Preference 1997, 8(4), 271-280.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Disamenity externalities from utility networks.
Utilities Policy 1997, 6(1), 35-41.
- Ward N, Lowe PD. Economic restructuring, environmental consciousness and farm family succession in Britain.
In: Wheelock, J and Mariussen, Å, ed. Households, work and economic change: a comparative institutional perspective. Boston: Kluwer Academic Publishers, 1997, pp.147-156.
- Seymour J, Lowe P, Ward N, Clark J. Environmental 'Others' and 'Elites': rural pollution and changing power relations in the countryside.
In: Milbourne P, ed. Revealing Rural 'Others' : Representation, Power and Identity in the British Countryside. London: Pinter, 1997, pp.57-74.
- Ward S, Lowe P. European Integration and the Response of British Conservation Agencies.
European Studies Research Institute, University of Salford, 1997.
- Lowe P, Ward N. Field-level bureaucrats and the making of new moral discourses in agri-environmental controversies.
In: Goodman D; Watts M, ed. Globalising Food: Agrarian Questions and Global Restructuring. London: Routledge, 1997, pp.256-272.
- Hubbard, L.J., Dawson, P.J. and Ness, M.R. Forecasting Degree Classification: A Case Study.
Journal of European Business Education 1997, 6, 38-46.
- Ward N, Lowe P, Buller H. Implementing European water quality directives : lessons for sustainable development.
In: Baker S; Kousis M; Richardson D; Young S, ed. The politics of sustainable development : theory, policy and practice within the European Union. London: Routledge, 1997, pp.198-216.
- Symes D, Phillipson J. Inshore fisheries management in the UK: Sea Fisheries Committees and the challenge of marine environmental management.
Marine Policy 1997, 21(3), 207-24.
- Ward N, Buller H, Lowe P. La Grande Bretagne.
In: M Bodiguel;H Buller, ed. La Qualite des Eaux dans L'Union Europeene. Paris: L'Harmattan, 1997, pp.93-104, 143-150, 205-218, 259-268, 307-312.
- Takahashi, J., CHAUDHRY, A.S., Beneke, R.G., Suhubdy., & Young, B.A. Modification of methane emission in sheep by cysteine and a microbial preparation.
Science of the Total Environment 1997, 204(2), 117-123.
- Lowe P, Clark J, Seymour S, Ward N. Moralizing the environment : countryside change, farming and pollution.
London: UCL Press, 1997.
- Dawson, P.J. On Testing Kuznets' Economic Growth Hypothesis.
Applied Economics Letters, 4, 409-410 1997.
- Leach MC. Practical environmental enrichment for elephants.
In: Field D, Young RJ, ed. Zoo Enrichment Guidelines. Association of British Wild Animal Keepers, 1997.
- Frewer LJ, Howard C, Shepherd R. Public concerns about general and specific applications of genetic engineering: Risk, benefit and ethics.
Science, Technology and Human Values 1997, 22(1), 98-124.
- Kuznesof S, Tregear A, Moxey A. Regional foods: a consumer perspective.
British Food Journal, 99 (6), 199-206 1997.
- Lowe P. The British Rural White Papers : A Comparisonand Critique.
Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 1997, 40(3), 389-400.
- Lowe P, Whitby MC. The CAP and the European environment.
In: Ritson C; Harvey D, ed. The Common Agricultural Policy. Wallingford: CAB International, 1997, pp.285-304.
- Dawson, P.J. The Demand for Calories in Developing Countries.
Oxford Development Studies, 25, 361-369 1997.
- Frewer LJ, Howard C, Hedderley D, Shepherd R. The elaboration likelihood model and communication about food risks.
Risk Analysis 1997, 17(6), 759-770.
- Lowe P, Ward S. The Europeanisation of British environmental policy and politics.
In: paper presented at the conference on Perspectives on Pollution Control Policy in Scotland. 1997, Robert Gordon University, Aberdeen.
- Lowe P, Ward N. The moral authority of regulation: the case of agricultural pollution.
In: Romstad E; Simonsen J; Vatn A, ed. Controlling mineral emissions in European agriculture : economics, policies, and the environment. Wallingford: CAB International, 1997, pp.59-71.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. The non-use benefits of enhancing forest biodiversity: A contingent ranking study.
Ecological Economics 1997, 21(1), 45-61.
- Powe NA, Garrod GD, Brunsdon CF, Willis KG. Using a geographic information system to estimate an hedonic price model of the benefits of woodland access.
Forestry 1997, 70(2), 139-149.
- CHAUDHRY, A.S. Washing and filtration of wheat straw treated with sodium hydroxide alone or with hydrogen peroxide to modify cell wall composition and in vitro digestibility.
Australian Journal of Experimental Agriculture 1997, 37, 617-621.