Each year, staff and postgraduates in the School of Agriculture , Food & Rural Development publish a large number of articles based on their research, expertise and teaching. A full list of recent publications is given below; you can search this database for a researcher's name, publication year or a key word.
You can also find a selection of work published recently by individual staff members on their personal pages. Some of the research centres also have full lists of publications.
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1985 1984 1983 1982 1981 1980 1979 1978 1977 1976 1975
- Lingard J, Barron N. A linear programming model of a Pennine Dales farm in an environmentally sensitive area.
Farm Management 1999, 10(6), 318-333.
- Ward N, Lowe P. Agricultural Change and Rural Development in Northumberland.
Morpeth: Northumberland County Council, 1999.
- Takahashi J, Chaudhry AS, Beneke RG, Young BA. An open circuit hood system for gaseous exchange measurements in small ruminants.
Small Ruminant Research 1999, 32(1), 31-36.
- Bartlewski PM, Beard AP, Rawlings NC. An ultrasonographic study of luteal function in breeds of sheep with different ovulation rates.
Theriogenology 1999, 52(1), 115-130.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Angling and recreation values of low-flow alleviation in rivers.
Journal of Environmental Management 1999, 57(2), 71-83.
- Young MDB, Gowing JW, Hatibu N, Mahoo HMF, Payton RW. Assessment and development of pedotransfer functions for semi-arid sub-Saharan Africa.
Physics and Chemistry of the Earth Part B: Hydrology, Oceans & Atmosphere 1999, 24(7), 845-849.
- Lowe P, Ward N, Potter C. Attitudinal and institutional indicators for sustainable agriculture.
In: Brouwer F; Crabtree B, ed. Environmental Indicators and Agricultural Policy. Wallingford: CABI, 1999, pp.263-278.
- Symes D, Phillipson J. Co-governance in EU fisheries: the complexity and diversity of fishermen's organisations in Denmark, Spain and the UK.
In: Kooiman, J., Jentoft, S., van Vliet, M, ed. Creative Governance: Opportunities for Fisheries in Europe. Aldershot: Ashgate, 1999, pp.59-93.
- Vaillant F, Millán P, O'Brien G, Dornier M, Decloux M, Reynes M. Crossflow microfiltration of passion fruit juice after partial enzymatic liquefaction.
Journal of Food Engineering 1999, 42, 215-224.
- Mulengera MK, Payton RW. Development and evaluation of a new soil erosion productivity index model (SEPIM).
Tropical Agriculture 1999, 76(1), 23-28.
- Ellis R, Timms-Wilson TM, Beringer JE, Rhodes D, Renwick A, Stevenson L. Ecological basis for the biocontrol of damping-off disease by Pseudomonas fluorescens 54/96.
Journal of Applied Microbiology 1999, 87(3), 454-63.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Economic Valuation of the Environment: Methods and Case Studies.
Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1999.
- Leinonen I. Effects of climate change on European forests.
In: Opas-Hänninen L.L., Kouki, J, ed. From Joensuu to the World. Joensuu, Finland: University of Joensuu, 1999, pp.72-81.
- Hollingsworth B, Dawson PJ, Maniadakis N. Efficiency measurement of health care: A review of non-parametric methods and applications.
Health Care Management Science 1999, 2(3), 161-172.
- Beard AP, Bartlewski PM, Rawlings NC. Endocrine and reproductive function in ewes exposed to the organochlorine pesticides Lindane or Pentachlorophenol.
Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health, Part A: Current Issues 1999, 56(1), 23-46.
- Lowe P. Environment and planning.
Rural Audit: A Health Check on Rural Britain 1999.
- Mulengera MK, Payton RW. Estimating the USLE-soil erodibility factor in developing tropical countries.
Tropical Agriculture 1999, 76(1), 17-22.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Externalities from extraction of aggregates: regulation by tax or land-use controls.
Resources Policy 1999, 25(2), 77-86.
- Lowe P. Getting over the food mountain: The newly created Countryside Agency must face the realities of today's rural areas, namely that food production is no longer its sole function. Philip Lowe assesses a new agenda and a new vision.
Landscape Design 1999, (281), c18-c21.
- Tipple G, Korboe D, Garrod GD, Willis KG. Housing supply in Ghana: A study of Accra, Kumasi and Berekum.
Progress in Planning 1999, 51(4), 253-324.
- Leinonen I. Ilmaston lämmetessä pakkaskestävyys heikkenee.
Metsälehti 1999, 6(99), 14.
- Lowe PD, Ward N. Insecurities in contemporary country life: rural communities and social change.
In: Vail, John; Wheelock, Jane; Hill, Michael, ed. Insecure times: living with insecurity in contemporary society. London: Routledge, 1999, pp.154-168.
- Lowe P, Falconer K, Hodge I, Moxey A, Ward N, Whitby M. Integrating the Environment into CAP Reform.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 1999. Centre for Rural Economy Research Report.
- Dawson PJ, Tiffin R. Is there a long-run relationship between ODA and GDP? The case India.
Applied Economics Letters 1999, 6(5), 275-277.
- Eriksson MG, Olley JM, Payton RW. Late Pleistocene colluvial deposits in central Tanzania; erosional response to climatic change?.
GFF 1999, 121(3), 198-201.
- Gowing J. Limitations of water-control technology.
Agricultural Water Management 1999, 40(1), 95-99.
- Dhital, B.K. and Wilcockson, S.J. Manipulating Physiological Age of Diffuse Light Stored Seed Potatoes in the Sub-Tropical Region: An Issue for Consideration.
Lumle Seminar Paper No. 98/25. Kaski, Nepal: Agricultural Research Station Lumle 1999.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Methodological issues in valuing the benefits of environmentally sensitive areas.
Journal of Rural Studies 1999, 15(1), 111-117.
- Mulengera MK, Payton RW. Modification of the productivity index model.
Soil & Tillage Research 1999, 52(1-2), 11-19.
- Seymour S, Lowe P, Ward N, Clark J. Moralising nature? The National Rivers Authority and new moral imperatives for the rural environment.
In: Walford N; Everitt J; Napton D, ed. Reshaping the Countryside: Perceptions and Processes of Rural Change. Wallingford: CABI, 1999, pp.39-56.
- Lowe P, Flynn B, Just F, de Lima A, Patricio T, Povellato A. National Perspectives on the Greening of the CAP: A Comparative Analysis.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Newcastle University, 1999. CRE Research Reports.
- Allanson P, Hubbard L. On the comparative evaluation of agricultural income distributions in the European Union.
European Review of Agricultural Economics 1999, 26(1), 1-17.
- Bartlewski PM, Beard AP, Rawlings NC. Ovarian function in ewes at the onset of the breeding season.
Animal Reproduction Science 1999, 57(1-2), 67-88.
- Bartlewski PM, Beard AP, Rawlings NC. Ovarian function in ewes during the transition from breeding season to anoestrus.
Animal Reproduction Science 1999, 57(1-2), 51-66.
- Lowe P, Ray C, Ward N, Wood D, Woodward R. Participation in rural development.
Ireland: European Foundation for the Improvement of Living and Working Conditions, 1999. ef9929.
- Lowe P, Talbot H. Policy for Small Business Support in Rural Areas: a Response to the DTI Consultation Paper: The Small Business Service.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy Workinging Paper No. 43, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1999.
- Lowe P, Talbot H. Policy for Small Business Support in Rural Areas: A Response to the DTI Consultation Paper: The Small Business Service.
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK: University of Newcastle, 1999. Centre for Rural Economy Working Paper.
- Dhital BK, Wilcockson SJ. Promotion of diffused light storage of seed potatoes in the hills of Nepal: a review.
Nepalese Horticulture 1999, 3(1), 56-70.
- Sillitoe P, Shiel RS. Soil fertility under shifting and semi-continuous cultivation in the Southern Highlands of Papua New Guinea.
Soil Use and Management 1999, 15(1), 49-55.
- Lowe P. The Changing Countryside and New Rural Development Models.
In: Growing Business in the Countryside: Rural Areas as a Resource for Business Growth. 1999, Chesford Grange Hotel, Warwick.
- Lowe P, Ward N. The Comprehensive Spending Review and the Countryside.
Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy Working Paper No 41, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, 1999.
- Phillipson J. The fish producers' organisations of the UK: a strategic analysis.
In: Symes, D, ed. Alternative Management Systems for Fisheries. Oxford: Fishing News Books, 1999, pp.79-92.
- Phillipson J. The fish producers’ organisations of the UK: a strategic analysis.
In: Symes, D, ed. Alternative Management Systems for Fisheries. Oxford: Blackwell Science, 1999, pp.79-92.
- Bateman, I.J., Brainard, J.S., Garrod, G.D. and Lovatt, A.A. The Impact of Journey Origin Specification and other Measurement Assumptions upon Individual Travel Cost Estimates of Consumer Surplus A GIS Analysis.
Regional Environmental Change, 1, 24-30 1999.
- Shiel RS, El Tilib AMA, Younger A. The influence of fertilizer nitrogen, white clover content and environmental factors on the nitrate content of perennial ryegrass and ryegrass/white clover swards.
Grass and Forage Science 1999, 54(3), 275-285.
- Beard AP, Rawlings NC. Thyroid function and effects on reproduction in ewes exposed to the organochlorine pesticides lindane or pentachlorophenol (PCP) from conception.
Journal of Toxicology and Environmental Health - Part A Current Issues 1999, 58(8), 509-530.
- Davidova S, Giurca D, Hubbard LJ, Rusali M. WTO commitments and CAP adoption in Central and East European Countries: the case of Romania.
MOCT-MOST: Economic Policy in Transitional Economies 1999, 9(3), 273-290.
- Davidova S, Giurca D, Hubbard LJ, Rusali MA. WTO commitments and CAP adoption in Central and East European countries: The case of Romania.
MOCT - MOST: economic policy in transitional economies 1999, 9(3), 273-290.