Dr David Coles
Guest Member of Staff
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 8272
- Research ethics – all fields but particularly: Food production and security; biomedical ethics, clinical trials, research in developing countries, multidisciplinary and converging technology research.
- Consumer and expert consultations and surveys including Delphi studies
- Relationship between science, technology and policy.
- Risk communication
- Frewer LJ, Coles D, Dijkstra AM, Kuznesof S, Kendall H, Kaptan G. Synthetic Biology Applied in the Agrifood Sector: Societal Priorities and Pitfalls. APSTRACT 2016, 10, 89-97. In Press.
- van der Fels-Klerx HJ, van Asselt ED, Raley M, Poulsen M, Korsgaard L, Bredsdorff NM, Flari V, dAugostino M, Coles D, Frewer L. Critical Review of Methodology and Application of Risk Ranking for Prioritisation of Food and Feed Related Issues, on the Basis of the Size of Anticipated Health Impact. Parma, Italy: European Food Safety Authority, 2015.
- Coles D, Frewer LJ, Goddard E. Ethical Issues and Potential Stakeholder Priorities Associated with the Application of Genomic Technologies Applied to Animal Production Systems. Journal of Agricultural and Environmental Ethics 2015, 28(2), 231-253.
- Coles D, Rawcliffe A, Frewer LJ. The application of Responsible Research and Innovation (RRI) to agricultural and food production: A comparison between Chinese and European policy perspectives. Chinese Journal of Agricultural Economics 2015. In Press.
- Frewer LJ, Coles D, Houdebine LM, Kleter GA. Attitudes towards genetically modified animals in food production. British Food Journal 2014, 116(8), 1291-1313.
- Frewer LJ, Gupta N, George S, Fischer ARH, Giles EL, Coles D. Consumer attitudes towards nanotechnologies applied to food production. Trends in Food Science and Technology 2014, 40(2), 211-225.
- Frewer LJ, Kleter GA, Brennan M, Coles D, Fischer ARH, Houdebine LM, Mora C, Millar K, Salter B. Genetically Modified Animals from Life-Science, Socio-Economic and Ethical Perspectives: Examining issues in an EU policy context. New Biotechnology 2013, 30(5), 447-460.
- Coles D, Frewer LJ. Nanotechnology applied to European food production - A review of ethical and regulatory issues. Trends in Food Science & Technology 2013, 34(1), 32-43.
- Frewer LJ, Coles D, van der Lans IA, Schroeder D, Champion K, Apperley J. Impact of the European Clinical Trials Directive on prospective academic clinical trials associated with bone marrow transplantation. Bone Marrow Transplantation 2011, 46, 443-447.
- Frewer LJ, Fischer ARH, Wentholt MTA, Marvin HJP, Ooms BW, Coles D, Rowe G. The use of Delphi methodology in agrifood policy development: Some lessons learned. Technological Forecasting and Social Change 2011, 78(9), 1514-1525.
- Frewer LJ, Coles D, Champion K, Demotes-Mainard J, Goetbuget N, Ihrig KI, Klingmann I, Kubiak C, Lejeun SA, McDonald F, Apperley J. Has the European Clinical Trials Directive been a success?. British Medical Journal 2010, 340, 1862.