I have an academic interest in judgment and decision making, with special interest in risk perception, communication, and analysis, drawing on my expertise in analytical and empirical research, and my experience in applied and basic research setting. I am also interested in values and cross-cultural comparisons.
- Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellow, Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University (2011-2012); Department of Social and Decision Sciences, Carnegie Mellon University, USA (2009-2011
- Graduate Assistant, Faculty of Business Administration, Bilkent University, Turkey (2002-2008)
- Food Engineer, Turkish Standards Institution, Turkey (1995-2002)
Fellowships and Awards
- Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship for Career Development, European Community FP7 PIOF-GA-2008-220444 (from 2009).
- "Quantitative Microbial Risk Assessment Summer Institute" participation grant, Center for Advancing Microbial Risk Assessment (CAMRA), Michigan State University, East Lansing, MI (2009).
- Prof. Dr. Orhan Karacadag Award for Scientific Achievement, Faculty of Business Administration, Bilkent University, Turkey (2007)
- SRA International Travel Award, Society for Risk Analysis (2007).
- Best Poster Award, "Affect, Motivation and Decision Making International Conference" held by Ben-Gurion University of the Negev in collaboration with UCLA Anderson School of Management, Dead Sea, Israel (2006).
- Süleyman Demirel Research Grant for Contemporary Turkish Studies, Moshe Dayan Center, Tel Aviv University, Israel (2005-2007).
- Israeli Foreign Ministry Research Grant (2005).
- CREATE Workshop Participation Grant, European Health Psychology Society (2004).
- Graduate School Tuition Grant, Bilkent University, Turkey (2002-2008).
- Ph.D. Business Administration, Bilkent University (2008). Exchange Ph.D. Student. Department of Psychology, Tel Aviv University (2005-2007).
- M.S. Food Engineering, Middle East Technical University
- M.B.A. Baskent University
- B.S. Food Engineering, Middle East Technical University
Current research interests
- Judgment and decision making with special interests in risk perception, communication, and analysis
- Values and cross-cultural comparisons
Recently completed work
- Marie Curie International Outgoing Fellowship for Career Development, European Community FP7. Contamination of food with biological agents: An integrated risk analysis and risk communication approach
- External Reviewer: National Academy of Sciences (NAS) Institute of Medicine's draft report by the Committee on "Review of Food and Drug Administration’s Role in Ensuring Safe Food." (February 2010).
- Reviewer: American Journal of Public Health, Foodborne Pathogen and Disease, Risk Analysis.
ACE8058 International Food Markets and Marketing
ACE888 Investigating the Food Consumer
ACE8069 Dissertation Preparation
ACE2009 Qualitative Techniques