Reader in Environmental Economics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7552
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 6720
- Address: 3.23
School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Citations to my papers in google scholar can be found here: https://scholar.google.co.uk/citations?user=iTvwH5cAAAAJ&hl=en
Environmental valuation: e.g. contingent valuation; travel-cost methods; hedonic pricing.
Discrete choice methodologies.
Countryside management issues, e.g. countryside access, rural and environemntal policy appraisal.
Rural policy and agri-environment measures.
Biodiversity conservation, particularly costs and benefits of associated management.
Water quality - issues and policies.
Focus group research into environmental values.
Rural traffic calming.
Economics of multi-use forestry.
Valuation of culture and heritage.
ACE2003 LANDSCAPE, CULTURE AND HERITAGE ML
ACE3016 COUNTRYSIDE MANAGEMENT ML
ACE3027 Sustainability and Environmental Values ML
AEF3093 SPECIAL STUDY
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Economic approaches to valuing the environmental costs and benefits of mineral and aggregate extraction. Minerals and Energy 2000, 15(4), 12-20.
- Garrod GD, Scarpa R, Willis KG. Estimating the Benefits of Traffic Calming on Through Routes: A Choice Experiment Approach. Journal of Transport Economics and Policy 2002, 36(2), 211-231.
- Scarpa R, Willis KG, Garrod GD. Estimating Benefits for Effective Enforcement of Speed Reduction from Dichotomous-Choice CV : The Case of Rural Trunk Roads. Environmental and Resource Economics 2001, 20(4), 281-304.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Energy Efficiency: economic constraints to environmental quality. International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management 2001, 1(3), 334-337.
- Willis KG, McMahon PL, Garrod GD, Powe NA. Water companies' service performance and environmental trade-offs. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 2002, 45(3), 363-379.
- Garrod GD, Ruto ESK, Willis KG, Powe NA. Investigating Preferences for the Local Delivery of Agri-environment Benefits. Journal of Agricultural Economics 2014, 67(1), 177-190.
- Thompson N, Garrod GD, Raley ME. Planning and Sustainable Land Management in England's National Parks. eco.mont 2014, 6(1), 67-70.
- Garrod GD, Raley ME, Aznar O, Bacqueiro-Espinosa O, Barreteau O, Gomez M, Schaft F, Turpin N. Engaging Stakeholders in Planning and Decision making through Participatory Modelling: Lessons from Three European Case Studies. Engineering Sustainability 2013, 166(2), 75-84.
- Spahat N, Guy J, Kyriazakis I, Garrod G, Edwards SA. Environmental impact of different broiler production systems in Malaysia and consumer willingness to pay for reduced impact. In: 8th International Conference on LCA in the Agri-Food Sector. 2012, Saint Malo, France.
- Keeling LJ, Immink V, Hubbard C, Garrod G, Edwards SA, Ingenbleek P. Designing animal welfare policies and monitoring progress. Animal Welfare 2012, 21(supplement 1), 95-105.
- Garrod GD, Ruto E, Willis KG, Powe NA. Heterogeneity of preferences for the benefits of Environmental Stewardship: A latent-class approach. Ecological Economics 2012, 76, 104-111.
- Willis KG, Garrod G, ed. Valuing Environment and Natural Resources. Volume 1. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012.
- Willis KG, Garrod G, ed. Valuing Environment and Natural Resources. Volume 2. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Hubbard MC, Bourlakis MA, Garrod G. Review of socio-political and market developments of animal welfare schemes. 2004.
- Tipple AG, Masters GA, Garrod GD. An assessment of the decision to extend government-built houses in developing countries. Urban Studies 2000, 37(9), 1605-1617.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Angling and recreation values of low-flow alleviation in rivers. Journal of Environmental Management 1999, 57(2), 71-83.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Economic Valuation of the Environment: Methods and Case Studies. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1999.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Externalities from extraction of aggregates: regulation by tax or land-use controls. Resources Policy 1999, 25(2), 77-86.
- Tipple G, Korboe D, Garrod GD, Willis KG. Housing supply in Ghana: A study of Accra, Kumasi and Berekum. Progress in Planning 1999, 51(4), 253-324.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Methodological issues in valuing the benefits of environmentally sensitive areas. Journal of Rural Studies 1999, 15(1), 111-117.
- Bateman, I.J., Brainard, J.S., Garrod, G.D. and Lovatt, A.A. The Impact of Journey Origin Specification and other Measurement Assumptions upon Individual Travel Cost Estimates of Consumer Surplus A GIS Analysis. Regional Environmental Change, 1, 24-30 1999.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Estimating lost amenity due to landfill waste disposal. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 1998, 22(1-2), 83-95.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Using contingent ranking to estimate the loss of amenity value for inland waterways from public utility service structures. Environmental and Resource Economics 1998, 12(2), 241-247.
- Tipple AG, DT Korboe, GD Garrod. "A Comparison of original owners and inheritors in housing supply and extension in Kumasi, Ghana". Environment and Planning B., 24 889-902 1997.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Disamenity externalities from utility networks. Utilities Policy 1997, 6(1), 35-41.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. The non-use benefits of enhancing forest biodiversity: A contingent ranking study. Ecological Economics 1997, 21(1), 45-61.
- Powe NA, Garrod GD, Brunsdon CF, Willis KG. Using a geographic information system to estimate an hedonic price model of the benefits of woodland access. Forestry 1997, 70(2), 139-149.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD, Benson JF, Carter M. Benefits and costs of the Wildlife Enhancement Scheme: A case study of the Pevensey Levels. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 1996, 39(3), 387-401.
- Austin R, Garrod G, Thompson N. Assessing the performance of the national park authorities: a case study of Northumberland National Park, England. Public Money & Management 2016, 36(5), 325-332.
- Remoundou K, Gkartzios M, Garrod G. Conceptualizing Mobility in Times of Crisis: Towards Crisis-Led Counterurbanization?. Regional Studies 2016, 50(10), 1663-1674.
- Thompson N, Garrod G. Sustainable development in England's national parks. In: Hammer, T; Mose, I; Siegrist, D; Weixlbaumer, N, ed. Parks of the Future: Protected Areas in Europe Challenging Regional and Global Change. Munich, Germany: oekom, 2016, pp.149-159.
- Austin R, Thompson N, Garrod GD. Understanding the factors underlying partnership working: a case study of the Northumberland National Park, England. Land Use Policy 2016, 50, 115-124.
- Oueslati W, Garrod GD, Alvanides S. Determinants of urban sprawl in European cities. Urban Studies 2015, 52(9), 1594-1614.
- Lastro-Bravo XB, Hubbard MC, Garrod GD, Tolon-Becerra A. What drives farmers' participation in EU agri-environmental schemes? Results from a qualitative meta-analysis. Environmental Science & Policy 2015, 54, 1-9.
- Thompson N, Garrod G, Raley M. Planning and Sustainable Land Management in England's National Parks. Eco.mont 2014, 6(1), 67-69.
- Phillipson J, Shucksmith M, Turner R, Garrod G, Lowe P, Harvey D, Talbot H, Scott K, Carroll T, Gkartzios M, Hubbard C, Ruto E, Woods A. Rural economies: incubators and catalysts for sustainable growth. Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 2011.