Reader in Environmental Economics
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7552
- Fax: +44 (0) 191 208 6720
- Address: 3.23
School of Agriculture, Food and Rural Development
University of Newcastle
Newcastle upon Tyne
Environmental valuation: e.g. contingent valuation; travel-cost methods; hedonic pricing.
Discrete choice methodologies.
Countryside management issues, e.g. countryside access, rural and environemntal policy appraisal.
Rural policy and agri-environment measures.
Biodiversity conservation, particularly costs and benefits of associated management.
Water quality - issues and policies.
Focus group research into environmental values.
Rural traffic calming.
Economics of multi-use forestry.
Valuation of culture and heritage.
ACE1007 INTRODUCTION TO RURAL STUDIES ML
ACE2003 LANDSCAPE, CULTURE AND HERITAGE ML
ACE2012 RURAL STUDIES SKILLS ML
ACE3016 COUNTRYSIDE MANAGEMENT ML
ACE3013 RURAL ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY EVALUATION ML
AEF395 SPECIAL STUDY ML
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Economic approaches to valuing the environmental costs and benefits of mineral and aggregate extraction. Minerals and Energy 2000, 15(4), 12-20.
- Garrod GD, Scarpa R, Willis KG. Estimating the Benefits of Traffic Calming on Through Routes: A Choice Experiment Approach. Journal of Transport Economics and Policy 2002, 36(2), 211-231.
- Scarpa R, Willis KG, Garrod GD. Estimating Benefits for Effective Enforcement of Speed Reduction from Dichotomous-Choice CV : The Case of Rural Trunk Roads. Environmental and Resource Economics 2001, 20(4), 281-304.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Energy Efficiency: economic constraints to environmental quality. International Journal of Environmental Technology and Management 2001, 1(3), 334-337.
- Willis KG, McMahon PL, Garrod GD, Powe NA. Water companies' service performance and environmental trade-offs. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 2002, 45(3), 363-379.
- Garrod GD, Ruto ESK, Willis KG, Powe NA. Investigating Preferences for the Local Delivery of Agri-environment Benefits. Journal of Agricultural Economics 2014, 67(1), 177-190.
- Thompson N, Garrod GD, Raley ME. Planning and Sustainable Land Management in England's National Parks. eco.mont 2014, 6(1), 67-70.
- Garrod GD, Raley ME, Aznar O, Bacqueiro-Espinosa O, Barreteau O, Gomez M, Schaft F, Turpin N. Engaging Stakeholders in Planning and Decision making through Participatory Modelling: Lessons from Three European Case Studies. Engineering Sustainability 2013, 166(2), 75-84.
- Spahat N, Guy J, Kyriazakis I, Garrod G, Edwards SA. Environmental impact of different broiler production systems in Malaysia and consumer willingness to pay for reduced impact. In: 8th International Conference on LCA in the Agri-Food Sector. 2012, Saint Malo, France.
- Keeling LJ, Immink V, Hubbard C, Garrod G, Edwards SA, Ingenbleek P. Designing animal welfare policies and monitoring progress. Animal Welfare 2012, 21(supplement 1), 95-105.
- Garrod GD, Ruto E, Willis KG, Powe NA. Heterogeneity of preferences for the benefits of Environmental Stewardship: A latent-class approach. Ecological Economics 2012, 76, 104-111.
- Willis KG, Garrod G, ed. Valuing Environment and Natural Resources. Volume 1. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar Publishing, 2012.
- Willis KG, Garrod G, ed. Valuing Environment and Natural Resources. Volume 2. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 2012.
- Hubbard MC, Bourlakis MA, Garrod G. Review of socio-political and market developments of animal welfare schemes. 2004.
- Tipple AG, Masters GA, Garrod GD. An assessment of the decision to extend government-built houses in developing countries. Urban Studies 2000, 37(9), 1605-1617.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Angling and recreation values of low-flow alleviation in rivers. Journal of Environmental Management 1999, 57(2), 71-83.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Economic Valuation of the Environment: Methods and Case Studies. Cheltenham: Edward Elgar, 1999.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Externalities from extraction of aggregates: regulation by tax or land-use controls. Resources Policy 1999, 25(2), 77-86.
- Tipple G, Korboe D, Garrod GD, Willis KG. Housing supply in Ghana: A study of Accra, Kumasi and Berekum. Progress in Planning 1999, 51(4), 253-324.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Methodological issues in valuing the benefits of environmentally sensitive areas. Journal of Rural Studies 1999, 15(1), 111-117.
- Bateman, I.J., Brainard, J.S., Garrod, G.D. and Lovatt, A.A. The Impact of Journey Origin Specification and other Measurement Assumptions upon Individual Travel Cost Estimates of Consumer Surplus A GIS Analysis. Regional Environmental Change, 1, 24-30 1999.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Estimating lost amenity due to landfill waste disposal. Resources, Conservation and Recycling 1998, 22(1-2), 83-95.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. Using contingent ranking to estimate the loss of amenity value for inland waterways from public utility service structures. Environmental and Resource Economics 1998, 12(2), 241-247.
- Tipple AG, DT Korboe, GD Garrod. "A Comparison of original owners and inheritors in housing supply and extension in Kumasi, Ghana". Environment and Planning B., 24 889-902 1997.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD. Disamenity externalities from utility networks. Utilities Policy 1997, 6(1), 35-41.
- Garrod GD, Willis KG. The non-use benefits of enhancing forest biodiversity: A contingent ranking study. Ecological Economics 1997, 21(1), 45-61.
- Powe NA, Garrod GD, Brunsdon CF, Willis KG. Using a geographic information system to estimate an hedonic price model of the benefits of woodland access. Forestry 1997, 70(2), 139-149.
- Willis KG, Garrod GD, Benson JF, Carter M. Benefits and costs of the Wildlife Enhancement Scheme: A case study of the Pevensey Levels. Journal of Environmental Planning and Management 1996, 39(3), 387-401.
- Austin R, Thompson N, Garrod GD. Understanding the factors underlying partnership working: a case study of the Northumberland National Park, England. Land Use Policy 2016, 50, 115-124.
- Remoundou K, Gkartzios M, Garrod G. Conceptualizing mobility in times of crisis: towards crisis-led counterurbanization?. Regional Studies 2015, (ePub ahead of print).
- Oueslati W, Garrod GD, Alvanides S. Determinants of urban sprawl in European cities. Urban Studies 2015, 52(9), 1594-1614.
- Lastro-Bravo XB, Hubbard MC, Garrod GD, Tolon-Becerra A. What drives farmers' participation in EU agri-environmental schemes? Results from a qualitative meta-analysis. Environmental Science & Policy 2015, 54, 1-9.
- Thompson N, Garrod G, Raley M. Planning and Sustainable Land Management in England's National Parks. Eco.mont 2014, 6(1), 67-69.
- Phillipson J, Shucksmith M, Turner R, Garrod G, Lowe P, Harvey D, Talbot H, Scott K, Carroll T, Gkartzios M, Hubbard C, Ruto E, Woods A. Rural economies: incubators and catalysts for sustainable growth. Newcastle upon Tyne: Centre for Rural Economy, Newcastle University, 2011.