I have worked in the role of Student Recruitment Assistant since 2006. The main purpose of my job is to manage the recruitment of students to undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in the school with the aim of increasing applications and conversion rates of high quality students from various backgrounds.
CIM Professional Certificate in Marketing
MSc Wildlife Conservation and Management
BSc Animal Science with Hons in Wildlife Biology
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Organise and run all school undergraduate open days, undergraduate university visit days and postgraduate visit days.
- Act as webmaster for the School Website updating content, news and events. Liaise with central services regarding their web pages and online prospectus.
- Manage the Admissions process in the school and supervise office staff in the day to day running of this process.
- Manage the CRM system through Hobsons.
- Act as liaison for central and faculty recruitment; represent the school at Postgraduate, Undergraduate and International recruitment meetings.
- Produce and review publicity information and booklets for recruitment purposes.
- Collect student profiles for use in print, publications and web pages. Keep in touch with graduates and maintain a god network and relationship in order to keep the school profiles up to date.
- Collate and analyse key competitor information.
- Organise and assist the student chair in running all undergraduate SSC’s.
- Recruiting and training student reps. Liaise with the student reps throughout the year regarding SSCs and increasing student engagement.
- Organise Induction week, provide all induction week information to staff and students (new and returning) and manage the provision of buddies to all new students.
- Maintain contact and keep warm activities with applicants from initial enquiry through to registration.
- Attend external careers and recruitment events, representing the school for recruitment purposes.
- Organise engagement initiatives with local schools and colleges.
- Deal with all recruitment enquiries to the school