Dr Eugene Milne
Associate Clinical Lecturer
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: Public Health Group
c/o Government Office for the North East
Newcastle upon Tyne
Deputy Regional Director of Public Health
Coronary Heart Disease epidemiology
Health inequalities and inequities
- Bell R, Glinianaia S, van der Waal Z, Close A, Moloney E, Jones S, Araújo-Soares V, Hamilton S, Milne E, Shucksmith J, Vale L, Willmore M, White M, Rushton S. Evaluation of a complex healthcare intervention to increase smoking cessation in pregnant women: interrupted time series analysis with economic evaluation. Tobacco Control 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Adams J, Stamp E, Nettle D, Milne EMG, Jagger C. Anticipated Survival and Health Behaviours in Older English Adults: Cross Sectional and Longitudinal Analysis of the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing. PLoS ONE 2015, 10(3), e0118782.
- Bambra C, Barr B, Milne E. North and South: addressing the English health divide. Journal of Public Health 2014, 36(2), 183-186.
- Adams J, Stamp E, Nettle D, Milne EMG, Jagger C. Socioeconomic position and the association between anticipated and actual survival in older English adults. Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 2014, 68(9), 818-825.
- Tanner LM, Moffatt S, Milne E, Mills SDH, White M. Socio-economic and behavioural risk factors for adverse winter health and social outcomes in economically developed countries: a systematic review of quantitative observational studies. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health 2013, 67(12), 1061-1067.
- Haighton C, Moffatt S, Howel D, McColl E, Milne E, Deverill M, Rubin G, Aspray T, White M. The Do-Well study: protocol for a randomised controlled trial, economic and qualitative process evaluations of domiciliary welfare rights advice for socio-economically disadvantaged older people recruited via primary health care. BMC Public Health 2012, 12(1), 382.
- Beenstock J, Sniehotta FF, White M, Bell R, Milne E, Araujo-Soares V. What helps and hinders midwives in engaging with pregnant women about stopping smoking? A cross-sectional survey of perceived implementation difficulties among midwives in the North East of England. Implementation Science 2012, 7(1), 36.
- Milne EMG. Postponement of postmenopausal mortality acceleration in low-mortality populations. In: Biogerontology: Mechanisms and Interventions: 5th European Congress of Biogerontology. 2007, Istanbul, Turkey: Wiley-Blackwell Publishing, Inc.
- Milne EMG. When does human ageing begin?. Mechanisms of Ageing and Development 2006, 127(3), 290-297.
- Milne EMG. Mortality spike at New Year but not Christmas in North East England. European Journal of Epidemiology 2005, 20(10), 849-854.
- Milne E. NHS smoking cessation services and smoking prevalence: observational study. British Medical Journal 2005, 330(7494), 760-760.
- Milne E. Passive smoking: doubts about effectiveness of age adjustment. British Medical Journal 2003, 327(7413), 502; author reply 505; discussion 505.
- E. Milne. Share Options. Health Service Journal 1998, 108(5621), 22-24.
- E. Milne,P. Whitty. Calculation of the need for paediatric intensive care beds. Arch Dis Child 1995, 73(6), 505-7.
- Milne E, Hutchinson A, Platt P, Parkin D. An evaluation of ambulatory visit groups in rheumatology out-patients. Journal of Public Health Medicine 1994, 16(1), 41-49.
- P. McNamee,A. Hutchinson,D. Parkin,E. Milne,N. Steen. Out-patient case mix: a survey of user requirements. Journal of Management in Medicine 1994, 8(1), 29-37.
- E.M.G. Milne. An evaluation of the Northumberland Infectious Disease Report. Health Trends 1993, 25, 72-74.
- A. Hutchinson,P. McNamee,D. Parkin,N. Steen,E. Milne. Taking Case Mix into Outpatients. Case Mix Bulletin 1993. October(29).
- E.M.G. Milne,M.J. Elliott,D.T. Pearson,M.P. Holden,H. Orskov,K.G.M.M. Alberti. The effect on intermediary metabolism of open-heart surgery with deep hypothermia and circulatory arrest in infants of less than 10 kilograms body weight. A preliminary study. Perfusion 1986, 1(1), 29-40.
- Milne E. From Mindy's Institute, Broadway. British Medical Journal 1985, 291(6511), 1822.