The US Friends of the University of Newcatle is an independent organisation of US alumni and friends. It is a registered 501(c)(3) charity, enabling individuals and organisations to claim tax deductions on donations.
The US Friends support and promote the aims and priorities of the University. The Board of Directors meets twice yearly to support engagement with the alumni network in the US and agree philanthropic priorities. They raise funds to support these agreed aims.
Cheques, made payable to US Friends of the University of Newcastle, can be sent by post to the Treasurer, Andy McDonald at: Andrew McDonald, 179 Harvard Avenue, Rockville Centre, New York, NY 11570, USA. Payment can be sent using the US Friends Gift Form (PDF: 140KB). You can also make a card payment via NYCharities.org.
Board of Directors
- Anthony Hutchings (BA German 1965) – President
- Professor Terry Davies (MB BS 1971, MD 1978) – Honorary President
- Andy McDonald (MSc Applied Sciences 1973) – Treasurer
- Dr. Antony Jones (PhD Microbiology 1999)
- Sallie Locke (BA Ancient History 1995)
- Dr Cinthi Pillai (MB BS 2006)
- Tara Owen-Smith (BA Classical Civilisation 1992)
Please contact us for more information on the US Friends.
Newcastle University also produces Alma Matters, an annual publication for our US graduates and friends.