The School is centrally located on campus with easy access to all University services.
The Architecture Building is a listed Edwardian building in the Quadrangle, the oldest part of the University. This is a beautiful place to sit in the summer, and provides a wonderful backdrop for graduation photos!
Architecture students have access to the Architecture Building 24 hours a day, seven days a week. They can also use their dedicated studio spaces at all times.
Planning students are based in Claremont Tower and have access to a dedicated planning studio with computing facilities and social space.
As part of wider campus developments the School has undertaken its own redevelopment projects over recent years, including:
- refurbishing crit and gallery spaces
- extending and updating the workshop
- a new student-run coffee bar
- newly refurbished ateliers studios
- a new planning social space
- updating all student computing and printing facilities
Throughout 2016 we will be developing a new building on campus that will provide a purpose built, expanded workshop. The workshop will have dedicated spaces for laser cutting and 3D printing. In addition, there will be three floors of studio space and a new review space.
Our fully staffed workshop is open weekdays between 9:00-17:00. It provides facilities for a full range of model making and woodwork activities.
The digital fabrication suite includes three powerful CNC laser cutters, six 3D printers and a CNC router. Advice and instruction is provided by our expert technical staff.
Archiprint is a self-service printing facility based in the Architecture Building for the use of students and is equipped with:
- 2 x HP Designjet Z6200 Photo A0 printers
- 1 x HP Designjet T7100 Cad/Photo A0 printer
- 1 x HP Designjet T3500 Colour Draft A0 Printer
- 1 x Oce Plotwave 300 Mono Draft A0 Printer
- A0 Scanner
To see images of our facilities take a virtual tour of the Architecture facilities.