Professor Richard Webber
- Email: email@example.com
Richard Webber is the originator of the UK-based geodemographic classifications, Acorn and Mosaic, and for many years managed the micro-marketing divisions of first CACI and then Experian.
He has held Visiting Professorships at both UCL and Kings College before joining Newcastle in the same capacity.
He has worked with a wide range of academic colleagues from across the social science in order to apply the insights gained from geodemographics to a wide range of research topics many of which pertain to ongoing debates in demography, geography, politics, sociology and urban studies.
* The historical development and contemporary use of geodemographic classifications in the social sciences* The geodemographics of elites* The development of ethno-cultural taxonomies
- Burrows R, Webber R, Atkinson R. Welcome to 'Pikettyville'? Mapping London's Alpha Territories. Sociological Review 2016, 65(2), 184-201.
- Webber R. Life in a London Village: The History of the Highgate Society 1966-2016. London: Highgate Society, 2016.
- Lewison G, Roe P, Sullivan R, Webber R. Lung Cancer Researchers, 2008-13: their sex and ethnicity. Scientometrics 2016, 106(1), 105-117.
- Phillips T, Webber R. Minority communities in Britain: Pathways to success as revealed by big data. In: An End to the Crisis of Empirical Sociology?. 2016, pp.29-48.
- Webber R, Phillips T. Minority communities in Britain: Pathways to success as revealed by big data. In: McKie, L. and Ryan, L, ed. An End to the Crisis of Empirical Sociology? Trends and Challenges in Social Research. London: Routledge, 2016, pp.29-48.
- Webber R, Butler T, Phillips T. Adoption of geodemographic and ethno-cultural taxonomies for analysing Big Data. Big Data and Society 2015, 2(1).
- Phillips T, Webber R. Superdiversity and the Browning of Labour. The Political Quarterly 2014, 85(3), 304-311.
- Roe P, Lewison G, Webber R. The sex and ethnicity or national origins of researchers in astronomy and oncology in four countries, 2006-2007 and 2011-2012. Scientometrics 2014, 100(1), 287-296.
- Harris R, Sleight P, Webber R. Geodemographics, GIS and Neighbourhood Targeting. John Wiley & Sons, Inc, 2005.
- Webber R. . Environment and Planning 0, 39(1), 182-207.
- Webber R, Burrows R. Life in an Alpha Territory: Discontinuity and conflict in an elite London 'village'. Urban Studies 2016, 53(15), 3139-3154.