Based on the long-established and reliable OTF/AS cryostat, the Bright OTF 5000 is completely up to date.
The Bright OTF 5000 Cryostst has new styling coupled with improved user ergonomics.
It has the latest blade system, in a reliable and powerful 5040 microtome.
This equipment is suitable for a range of applications and, in the correct configuration, is capable of cutting a wide diversity of specimens from;
- undecalcified bone to brain
- resins, plastics
- plant tissue
as well as more usual soft tissue.
You have full anti-roll plate adjustment for your results coupled with long lasting temperature stability.
- suitable for research and clinical operation
- uses solid knives or disposable blades including new lever release Feather blade holder
- automatic evaporator defrost
- non-urgent functions on side panel
- contains tried and tested 5040 rotary microtome
This equipment is located in The Institute of Neuroscience (ION), on campus.
The Institute of Neuroscience (ION) is based in the Henry Wellcome Building in the Medical School.
Henry Wellcome Building
The Medical School
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.