These microscopes are provided by nano-lab and can be accessed free of charge by nano-Lab-associated members.
System 1: bright field and wide field upright microscope.
System 2: upright long working distance fluorescence wide field upright microscope.
Filters, lenses, illumination sources and cameras can be swapped between both systems please contact us to discuss your imaging requirements.
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
- System 1: wide field fluorecuorescence, bright field
- System 2: wide field fluorescence only
- 40x (air, 0.75)
- 20x (dipping)
- 10x (air, 0.45)
- 10x (dipping)
- 2.5x (air, 0.75)
This microscope is located in the Central Unit, on campus.
The Central Unit is based in the Bioimaging Unit in the William Leech Building, room M2.142.
William Leech Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimal booking time for this equipment is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Bookings can be cancelled with no charge up to an hour before scheduled use.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.