The LSM510 is a point scanning confocal on a fully motorised Axiovert200M body.
It is also equipped with an incubation chamber to allow temperature and gas regulated (eg live cell) imaging.
As well as performing regular 2D, 3D and 4D imaging, the system utilises the power of point scanning to allow ROI imaging for FRAP and FRET studies.
The system can be run with either LSM or Zen software (Zeiss).
Here you can find the specifications for this microscope.
2 x PMTs plus a META PMT array (8x PMT) for reflected light and 1x PMT for transmission
- Multi line Argon: 458, 477, 488 and 514 nm
- HeNe 594nm
- HeNe 633nm
- 10x (0.3)
- 20x (0.5)
- 40x (1.3 oil)
- 63 x (1.4 oil)
- Phase transmission for 20, 40 and 63x
This equipment is located in the Campus for Ageing and Vitality.
It is in the Ageing Research Labs room F. 14b.
Campus for Ageing and Vitality
Newcastle upon Tyne
Here, you can get directions to the building.
Enter your postcode or address to find directions
Find out how to book this microscope.
The minimum booking time for this system is 30 minutes. Time increments of 15 minutes are permitted.
Before booking this equipment, please ensure the following:
- any users are fully trained, and approved by a member of BioImaging facility staff
- microscopes are left in a good state of tidiness (lenses/stage should be cleaned of any oil)
- filters and lenses must not be removed or switched between systems without authorisation from Bioimaging facility staff
If you work at Newcastle University, you can book this microscope online by using iLab.
If you're a commercial company or an academic at another institution, just contact us to discuss your requirements.