The School of Biomedical Sciences is located in newly refurbished space in the Medical School building.
The School offers 7 degree programmes and recruits about 370 undergraduate students each year.
- QAA 24 out of 24
- Average A-level entry grades AAB
- High levels of student satisfaction (>95% in National Student Survey 2011, 2012, 2013)
- Approximately 80% of students graduate with 1st or upper second class degrees
All our degree programmes share a common multidisciplinary phase 1 (3 semesters) with emphasis on modern molecular and cellular biology. Throughout all degrees prominence is given to the medical and health significance of the science. A 10-week research project in the final semester offers students the opportunity to work within a world class research laboratory in one of our Research Institutes.
Our One-year Programmes
- Pre-Med Study Abroad
This is designed to meet the needs of pre-medical students from outside the EU.
- Intercalation Opportunities for Medical and Dental Students
This is designed for Medical and Dental undergraduates wishing to obtain a BSc.
- Science without Borders (Ciència sem Fronteiras)
The School of Biomedical Sciences welcomes applications from Brazilian students participating in the Science Withouth Borders Programme