Dr Lindsey Ferrie
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 7668
- Address: School of Biomedical Sciences
Faculty of Medical Sciences
Newcastle upon Tyne
Roles and Responsibilities
PED1002 Pharmacology (Module Leader)
PED3003 Clinical Pharmacology and Drug Development (Module Leader)
Phase 1 advisor
Chair School Recruitment Group
Student recruitment co-ordinator (Newcastle Biosciences)
Curriculum Committee (Phase 1)
Board of Examiners (Phase 1)
Staff Student Committee (Phase 1)
Board of Studies
Pharmacology Curriculum Committee
School Library Representative
Undergraduate Recruitment Strategy Steering Group
Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practices (2009)
Newcastle Teaching Award (2009)
PhD Neuropharmacology (2005)
BSc. (Hons.) Pharmacology (2002)
Postdoctoral Research Associate (Medical toxicology Research Centre)
Prescribing Support & Information Scientist (Regional Drug and Therapeutics Centre)
· British Pharmacological Society
· Associate member of the Higher Education Academy
· Centre for Bioscience (Higher education Academy)
· British Association for Psychopharmacology
Honours and Awards
UTLC Innovation Fund – £2000. Project title; ‘A day in the life of....’ Developing a video showcase of the student experience of research-informed teaching.
British Pharmacological Society Teaching Bursary – £100 per annum. 6th form workshop ‘The effect of drug on enzyme activity’.
PED3003 Clinical Pharmacology and Drug Development
Contribute teaching on:
Systems Pharmacology (PED2005) - Practical Leader
Infectious Disease and Chemotherapy (CMB2004)
Pharmacological techniques (PED3001)
Research in Pharmacology (PED3013)
Experimental design and the process of research (CMB3001)
MBBS Clinical and Investigative Medicine
Outreach teaching activities:
6th Form workshop
Biomedical Sciences Masterclass
Year 12 Healthcare Taster Days
STEM - Cafe Scientifique
STEM - Science Council ‘Hidden Science’
2011 Nomination to the Chancellor’s Distinguished Teacher Award.
Neuropharmacology and neurotoxicology. Particular interest in mood disorders and dopaminergic pathways.
Prescribing indicators and clinical data review.
- Ferrie LJ, Gartside SE, Martin KM, Young AH, McQuade R. Effect of chronic lithium treatment on D2/3 autoreceptor regulation of dopaminergic function in the rat. Pharmacology Biochemistry and Behavior 2008, 90(2), 218-225.
- Ferrie L, Young AH, McQuade R. Effect of lithium and lithium withdrawal on potassium-evoked dopamine release and tyrosine hydroxylase expression in the rat. International Journal of Neuropsychopharmacology 2006, 9(6), 729-735.
- Ferrier N, Macritchie K, Ferrie LJ. Old drug, new data: Revisiting lithium therapy. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment 2006, 12(4), 256-264.
- Ferrier IN, Ferrie LJ, Macritchie KA. Old drug, new data. Advances in Psychiatric Treatment 2006, 12(4), 256-264.
- Ferrie L, Young AH, McQuade R. Effect of chronic lithium and withdrawal from chronic lithium on presynaptic dopamine function in the rat. Journal of Psychopharmacology 2005, 19(3), 229-234.
- Mutch E, Ferrie L, Pedder C, Williams FM. Measurement of DNA damage from organophosphate pesticides. In: Toxicology. 2004, Edinburgh, Scotland: Elsevier.
- Mutch E, Ferrie L, Pedder C, Williams FM, Daly AK. The role of metabolism in determining the genotoxicity of organophosphate pesticides. In: Drug Metabolism Reviews: 8th European Meeting of the International Society for the Study of Xenobiotics (ISSX). 2003, Dijon, France: Informa Healthcare.