Dr Peter Chater
- Brownlee IA, Chater PI, Pearson JP, Wilcox MD. Dietary fibre and weight loss: Where are we now?. Food Hydrocolloids 2017, 68, 186-191.
- Chater PI, Wilcox MD, Pearson JP. Efficacy and safety concerns over the use of mucus modulating agents for drug delivery using nanoscale systems. Advanced Drug Delivery Reviews 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Brownlee IA, Gill S, Wilcox MW, Pearson JP, Chater PI. Starch digestion in the upper gastrointestinal tract of humans. Starch 2017, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Prufert F, Bonengel S, Kollner S, Griesser J, Wilcox MD, Chater PI, Pearson JP, Bernkop-Schnurch A. ζ potential changing nanoparticles as cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator gene delivery system: An in vitro evaluation. Nanomedicine 2017, 12(22), 2713-2724.
- Chater PI, Wilcox M, Cherry P, Herford A, Mustar S, Wheater H, Brownlee I, Seal C, Pearson J. Inhibitory activity of extracts of Hebridean brown seaweeds on lipase activity. Journal of Applied Phycology 2016, 28(2), 1303-1313.
- Pearson JP, Chater PI, Wilcox MD. The properties of the mucus barrier, a unique gel - how can nanoparticles cross it?. Therapeutic Delivery 2016, 7(4), 229-244.
- Chater PI, Wilcox M, Brownlee I, Pearson JP. A synthetic model gut system to study macronutrient digestion in vitro. In: Proceedings of the Nutrition Society: Summer Meeting 2014. 2015, Cambridge University Press.
- Chater PI, Wilcox MD, Brownlee IA, Pearson JP. Alginate as a protease inhibitor in vitro and in a model gut system; selective inhibition of pepsin but not trypsin. Carbohydrate Polymers 2015, 131, 142-151.
- Houghton D, Chater P, Wilcox M, Brownlee I, Trenell MI, Seal C, Pearson J. Alginate enriched bread attenuates circulating lipids and non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. In: 50th Annual Meeting of the European Association for the Study of the Liver. 2015, Vienna, Austria: Elsevier.
- Houghton D, Wilcox MD, Chater PI, Brownlee IA, Seal CJ, Pearson JP. Biological activity of alginate and its effect on pancreatic lipase inhibition as a potential treatment for obesity. Food Hydrocolloids 2015, 49, 18-24.
- Wilcox MD, Van Rooij LK, Chater PI, de Sousa IP, Pearson JP. The effect of nanoparticle permeation on the bulk rheological properties of mucus from the small intestine. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics 2015, 96, 484-487.
- Chater PI, Wilcox MD, Pearson JP, Brownlee IA. The impact of dietary fibres on the physiological processes governing small intestinal digestive processes. Bioactive Carbohydrates and Dietary Fibre 2015, 6(2), 117-132.
- Chater PI, Wilcox MD, Houghton D, Pearson JP. The role of seaweed bioactives in the control of digestion: implications for obesity treatments. Food & Function 2015, 6(11), 3420-3427.
- Houghton D, Wilcox MD, Brownlee IA, Chater P, Seal CJ, Pearson JP. Method for quantifying alginate and determining release from a food vehicle in gastrointestinal digesta. Food Chemistry 2014, 151, 352-357.
- Ali MS, Parikh S, Chater P, Pearson JP. Bile acids in laryngopharyngeal refluxate: Will they enhance or attenuate the action of pepsin?. The Laryngoscope 2013, 123(2), 434-439.
- Balasubramaniam V, Mustar S, Mustafa Khalid N, Abd Rashed A, Mohd Noh MF, Wilcox MD, Chater PI, Brownlee IA, Pearson JP. Inhibitory activities of three Malaysian edible seaweeds on lipase and α-amylase. Journal of Applied Phycology 2013, 25(5), 1405-1412.