Information for Parents and Carers
Bitesize Uni (BSU) is organised and delivered by a trained team of University staff, available 24 hours a day. If you have any questions or would like more information about the event, please contact any of the organisers.
Before any student is accepted on to the Summer School, we ask for parental consent and ensure that every student has signed and agreed to a specific code of conduct.
- Students are divided into groups of ten, and each group is led by two experienced Student Representatives
- All members of staff and Student Reps working on Bitesize Uni hold an enhanced disclosure from the Criminal Records Bureau and are fully trained in Child Protection Issues
- We take our responsibilities towards health and safety very seriously and produce a detailed Risk Assessment (PDF: 260KB)
- We also have a strict Child Protection Policy (PDF: 312KB)
- Two weeks before the event your child/young person in your care will be sent a comprehensive Bitesize Uni handbook that will include details of everything he/she needs to know, including any last minute changes to the programme
Once your child has been offered a place on Bitesize Uni then you will be invited along to our information evening