Alumni of Newcastle University Business School are invited to an evening of insights into transparency and innovation in the financial sector.
Date/Time: Wednesday 1 February 2017, 18:30-20:30
Venue: Newcastle University London, 102 Middlesex Street, London, E1 7EZ
Speakers: Christopher Sier from Newcastle University Business School, Dickie Whitaker from Oasis Loss Modelling and Ben Leonard formerly of HSBC.
During this event Newcastle University Business School will be joined by:
- Christopher Sier - Professor of Practice at Newcastle University Business School
- Dickie Whitaker - CEO at Oasis Loss Modelling - Insurance industry utility
who will share their experiences, answer your questions and advise on innovation in the financial sector.
The panel will address topical issues faced by the finance sector looking at:
- Transparency in the financial services industry
- The latest innovations in finance, the issues which can prevent innovation in the sector and how these can be overcome
- Opportunities around big data and new technologies
This event will be a great opportunity to reconnect with fellow alumni, meet staff of the Business School and share your memories of Newcastle with current MBA students.
This is a free event, however spaces are limited.
18.30-19.00 Registrations and Light Refreshments
19.00-19.05 Welcome and Introduction by Dr Lesley Pender, Director of MBA Programmes at Newcastle University
19.05-19.15 Opening Remarks by Dr Chris Sier, Professor of Practice, Newcastle University Business School
19.15-19.45 The Panel
19.45-19.55 Question and Answer
19.55-20.00 Closing speech by Dr Lesley Pender
20.00-20.30 Networking and Light Refreshments