Dr Faten Baddar Alhusan
Lecturer in International Human Resource Management
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44(0)203 752 2447
- Address: Newcastle University London
102 Middlesex street
London, E1 7EZ
Faten (Samar) joined Newcastle University London in August 2015, following academic positions at University of Bedfordshire and Middlesex University. Faten gained her PhD, PGCert(HE), BSc from Middlesex University, and MBA from Eastern Mediterranean University in Cyprus.
Faten's theoretical work builds on Institutional and cultural theories and their impact on MNCs transfer of practices across borders.
Her work has been published in leading journals, including International Journal of Human Resource Management, Industrial Marketing Management. Faten has presented her work in national and international conferences. She is a fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), an academic member of Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD), member of the Academy of Management, European Academy of Management, British Academy of Management and Industrial Marketing and Purchasing Group.
Faten has research interests in the following topic:
- International & Comparative Human Resource Management
- Knowledge Management & Transfer of Practices
- Strategic human resource management
- Change Management
- Talent Management
- Learning and Development
- Management and Leadership Development
- Cross-Cultural Management
- B-2-B & Key Account Management
- Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions
- International Marketing and Cross-Cultural Communication
Faten has been the programme director for both undergraduate and postgraduate programmes at Middlesex University and University of Bedfordshire. She has taught diverse modules both in the UK and abroad.
Currently at Newcastle University London she is involved in teaching Managing Across Cultures and Research Methodology modules.
Her teaching interests are in international and comparative HRM, cross-cultural management, knowledge management and knowledge transfer, learning and development, leadership and leadership development, key account management, international business, research methods, change management, organizational behaviour, international and global marketing, strategic management, business environment.
- Alhusan FB, ALHussan FB. HR in foreign firms operating in the Middle East. In: P. Budhwar & K. Mellahi, ed. The Handbook of Human Resource Management in the Middle East. London: Edward Elgar Publishing Ltd, 2016. In Press.
- ALHussan F, AL-Husan FB, Fletcher-Chen C. Environmental factors influencing the management of key accounts in an Arab Middle Eastern context. Industrial Marketing Management 2014, 43(4), 592-602.
- Alhusan FB, ALHussan FB, Perkins S. Multilevel HRM systems and intermediating variables in MNCs: longitudinal case study research in Middle Eastern settings. The International Journal Human Resource Management 2014, 25(2), 234-251.
- Alhusan FB, Kakavelakis K. Managing Organizational Change. In: R. Arvinen-Moundo & S. Perkins, ed. Organizatinal Behaviour: People, Process, Work and Human Resource Management. London: Kogan Page, 2013, pp.241-264.
- Alhussan FB, Alhusan FB. The Nature of the Arab Business Environment and its Implications for Industrial Marketing and Business Relationships. In: G. Ogunmokun & R. Gabbay, ed. Marketing, Management and International Business: Contemporary Issues in Selected Countries. Australia: Global Publishing House, 2013, pp.41-62.
- Alhusan FB, James P. Multinationals and the process of post-entry HRM reform: Evidence from three Jordanian case studies. European Management Journal 2009, 27, 142-154.
- Alhusan FB, Brennan R. Strategic account management in an emerging economy: A case study approach. Journal of Business & Industrial Marketing 2009, 24(8), 611-620.
- Alhusan FB, Brennan R, James P. Transferring Western HRM practices to developing countries: The case of a privatized utility in Jordan. Personnel Review 2009, 38(2), 104-123.
- Alhusan FB, James P. Multinational HRM in privatized Jordanian enterprises: An exploration of the influence of political contingencies. Thunderbird International Business Review 2007, 49(6), 637-653.
- Alhusan FB, James P. Political Contingencies and Privatised Jordanian Enterprises. 2005, 34.
- Alhusan FB, James P. Privatisation and Post-Acquisition Reform. 2005, 33.
- Alhusan FB, James P. Cultural control and multinationals: The case of privatized Jordanian companies. The International Journal of Human Resource Management 2003, 14(7), 1284-1295.
- Alhusan FB. Multinational Human Resource Strategies and Host Country Effect: The Influence of Domestic Government Policies. 2000, 6.