Dr Habiba Al-Shaer
Lecturer in Accounting
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 1553
PhD in Accounting − Durham University Business School (DUBS), United Kingdom 
Research topic: “The Relationship between Audit Committees, Corporate Environmental Disclosure, and Environmental Reputation: UK Evidence”
Master of Science of Financial Services and Banking (MSFSB) − Suffolk University, Boston, Massachusetts, United States.
Associate Fellow at the Higher Education Academy (HEA)
Lecturer in Accounting- Newcastle University, 2014-Current
Academic and Professional awards
The Fulbright Scholarship, 2005
Diploma Award of Academic Excellent, B. Econ.
The British Accounting and Finance Association (BAFA)
The European Accounting Association (EAA)
Centre for Social and Environmental Accounting Research (CSEAR)
ACC2000: Interpreting Company Accounts (Module Leader)
ACC2021: Understanding Company Accounts
ACC3000: Case Studies in Finance, Accounting and Business
ACC1012: Professional Skills for Accounting and Finance
ACC3016: Accounting, Organisations and Society
- Social and Environmental Accounting,
- Sustainability Reporting
- Corporate Governance,
- Quantitative research methods.
- Al-Shaer H, Zaman M. CEO Compensation and Sustainability Reporting Assurance: Evidence from the UK. Journal of Business Ethics 2017, Epub ahead of print.
- Al-Shaer H, Salama A, Toms S. Audit Committees and Financial Reporting Quality: Evidence from UK Environmental Accounting Disclosures. Journal of Applied Accounting Research 2017, 18(1), 2-21.
- Zaman M, Al-Shaer H. Audit committees and the demand for sustainability reporting assurance. In: Audit & Assurance Conference. 2016, Said Business School, Oxford University.
- Al-Shaer H, Zaman M. Board gender diversity and sustainability reporting quality. Journal of Contemporary Accounting & Economics 2016, 12(3), 210-222.
- Al-Shaer H, Salama A, Toms S. Do Financial Analysts Care about Environmental Disclosures in Corporate Annual Reports?. In: British Accounting and Finance Association Annual Conference. 2016, Bath: British Accounting and Finance Association.
- Al-Shaer H. Corporate Governance Monitoring Effects on Corporate Environmental Responsibility. In: EAA Annual Congress. 2013, Paris, France.