Dr Jose Liu
Lecturer in Accounting and Finance
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44(0)191 208 1673
- Address: Room 7.24.27
Newcastle University Business School
5 Barrack Road
Newcastle upon Tyne
Dr. Pei (Jose) Liu joined the faculty of Newcastle University Business School in 2015 as a Lecturer in Accounting and Finance. Prior to that, he has worked as a teaching assistant in Durham University and a research assistant in Bank of China (UK) Limited. Dr. Liu has international experience in teaching at postgraduate (MSc, MA), post-experience and undergraduate (BSc) levels. His research interests are in the areas of financial economics and macroeconomics. Specifically, the focus of his research is on the links between macroeconomic activity and finance, and he also has interests on behavioral corporate finance, firms' information disclosure, and M&A.
BA (Hons) in Economics, Wuhan University (2009)
MSc (Distinction) in International Banking and Finance, Durham University (2011)
PhD in Finance, Durham University (2014)
Cert. in Learning & Teaching, Durham University (2011)
HEA Certificate of Fellowship (2013)
- Links between macroeconomic activity and finance;
- Firm behavior under imperfect capital markets;
- Economics of transition in China;
- Innovation activities and ownership structure;
- Corporate Strategy and information disclosure;
- Mergers and acquisitions.
- RMB internationalisation, Oversea Investment and Financial Risk Management. (Joint UK and Chinese project, supported by The ESRC and the National Science Foundation of China (NSFC) Newton Fund, submitted and under review)
Current teaching covers:
- ACC3002 Managerial and Business Economics
- NBS8005 Corporate Strategy and Valuation (Marking)
- NBS8301 Managerial Economics and Organisational Architecture (Marking)
Previous teaching included:
- Research Methods
- Basic Economics and Accounting
- Financial Modelling and Business Forecasting
- Dissertation Consultation
- Guariglia A, Liu P. To what extent do financing constraints affect Chinese firms' innovation activities?. International Review of Financial Analysis 2014, 36, 223-240.
- Liu P, Black E, Balampekos S, Guo J. Going for Gold: An Olympic Investment. 2015. In Preparation.
- Liu P, Guariglia A, Guo J. Innovation Activities and Ownership Structure. 2015. In Preparation.
- Liu P, Guariglia A, Guo J. To What Extent Do Herding Behavior Affect Firms' Innovation Activities? Evidence from China. 2015. In Preparation.
- Ren B, Guo H, Shi F, Cheng H-C, Liu H, Liu J, Shen Z-H, Shi Y-L, Liu P. A theoretical and experimental evaluation of III–nitride solar-blind UV photocathode. Chinese Physics B 2017, 26(8), 088504.