Through our Centre for Professional and Executive Development, we offer courses to develop the knowledge and skills of your employees.
We draw on our knowledge, world-leading research and specialist expertise to provide learning and development opportunities that will enhance your organisation’s market-leading skills. We also offer professional development programmes tailored to your needs.
Our Centre for Professional and Executive Development is located inThe Core; a landmark building on the Science Central site in Newcastle city centre.
The Core's design encourages collaboration and innovation. It provides a flexible space where people and businesses can come together to share skills and knowledge.
Our teaching facilities include an interactive ‘Decision Theatre’. This is one of only a handful in the UK. We also have space for meetings and teaching. Our seminar rooms that can accommodate 14 – 40 delegates.
Our courses help meet the growing demand for professional skills development from all kinds of businesses and organisations, in the UK and around the world.
Skills development at Newcastle
The benefits of investing in skills and knowledge development at Newcastle include:
- access to knowledge and skills to exploit the latest technologies and tools
- access to leading teaching expertise, facilities, and online resources
- tailored courses developed in collaboration with a wide range of organisations
- professional body accreditation on many existing degree programmes
- verification of learning through University assessment
- high level Continuing Professional Development (CPD) provision
- flexible delivery, in-house or on campus, taking into account impact on your business
We developed and delivered a wide range of new high level and high quality courses for UK and international employers. These were as varied as the NHS, Environment Agency and those in the Cultural and Creative sector, Ministry of Education in Nigeria, and the China State Tax Office.
They tell us that these courses are improving their organisational quality, productivity and profitability. The courses also influence our undergraduate teaching. This ensures that the next generation of the workforce have the skills to support your long term success.