Funding to support projects and partnerships.
Business Voucher Scheme
Our Business Voucher Scheme contributes up to £5,000 towards the cost of a project. A Business Voucher provides matched funding for businesses towards:
- survey and feasibility studies
- proof of concept and validation
- product development and design
- analysis and testing;
- commercial and contract research
Business–academic knowledge exchange programmes
We run business – academic knowledge exchange programmes that benefit businesses by supporting research collaborations and partnerships with industry. These programmes include Impact Accelerator Account (IAA) schemes for:
- Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)
- Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council (BBSRC)
- Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
The University also runs the Medical Research Council (MRC) Newcastle Proximity to Discovery Industry Engagement programme. This includes Newcastle University (NU) Solutions, which can award collaborative research project funding of between £5 and £20,000 to support industry-led challenges using the platform.
You can access funding in partnership with the University from organisations including Innovate UK, Horizon 2020 and Research Councils UK.