Assistant Director (Enterprise and Entrepreneurship)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3962
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/careers
Gareth joined the Careers Service in 2001 and has been involved in the development of the enterprise and entrepreneurship agenda at the University ever since. Having helped to establish the University’s business plan competition, enterprise curriculum, student enterprise network, and ideas incubator, Gareth was seconded to coordinate the development of the Newcastle University Graduate Skills Framework before taking up his current role as Assistant Director in 2006.
Roles and Responsibilities
As Assistant Director, Gareth is responsible for influencing institutional strategy for the support and growth of the enterprise and entrepreneurship agendas as well as the strategy, development, operations, personnel and partners of the Careers Service's Enterprise Team; responsible for the 'Rise Up' services, support and opportunities. Gareth is the Chair of the Careers Service Board of Studies and attends Director/Head of Excellence in Learning & Teaching Forum.
BSc (Hons) Physiological Sciences, Newcastle University.
Executive MBA, Newcastle University.
CMI Level 5 Award in Management Coaching and Mentoring.
Fellow of the Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures and Commerce (FRSA)
Director of Enterprise Educators UK (EEUK)
Member of the AGCAS Enterprise & Entrepreneurship Task Group since 2008.
- Watts CA, Wray K, Kennedy CMA, Freeman P, Trainer GH. Embedding enterprise in biosciences: Added value for employability. Industry and Higher Education 2010, 24(6), 487-494.
- Palamida E, Papagiannidis S, Xanthopoulou D, Trainer G. From University entrepreneurial education to venture creation intentions: The role of autonomous motivation and autonomy support. In: European Academy of Management (EURAM) 2014 Conference. 2014, Valencia, Spain.