Dr Lorna Dargan
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0)191 208 7537
- Personal Website: http://www.ncl.ac.uk/careers/
Lorna joined the Careers Service in 2007. She had previously worked as a Research Associate in the School of Architecture, Planning and Landscape at Newcastle University, and as a module leader on the Careers Service's "Career Development" module. She now works as a Careers Adviser.
Roles and Responsibilities
Lorna is the link Careers Adviser for the university's postdoctoral research staff, PhD students in the faculty of Medical Sciences (FMS), and students in the Schools of Dental Sciences, Psychology and Medicine (MBBS). She is also the Careers Service lead member of staff for working with researchers.
PhD, Geography, Newcastle University
BA (Hons) Geography, Newcastle University
MBTI Step I Practitioner
Associate member of the Association of Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS).
- Dargan L, Harris E. The Reconstruction of Local Food Knowledge in the Isle of Skye, Scotland. In: Fonte, M., Papadopoulos, A, ed. Naming Food After Places: Food Relocalisation and Knowledge Dynamics in Rural Development. London, UK: Ashgate, 2010, pp.77-98.
- Dargan L. Participation and local urban regeneration in the UK: the case of the New Deal for Communities. Regional Studies 2009, 43(2), 305-317.
- Talbot H, Dargan L, Shucksmith M. Sustainable Livelihoods on the Isle of Skye. In: Bruckmeier K and Tovey H, ed. Rural Sustainable Development in the Knowledge Society. London: Ashgate, 2009, pp.23-38.
- Dargan L, Shucksmith M. LEADER and innovation. Sociologia Ruralis 2008, 48(3), 274-291.
- Dargan L. Conceptualising regeneration in the New Deal for Communities. Planning Theory and Practice 2007, 8(3), 345-362.
- Booth C, Batty E, Gilroy R, Dargan L, Thomas H, Harris N, Imrie R. Planning and Diversity: Research into Policies and Procedures. London, UK: Office of the Deputy Prime Minister, 2004.
- Dargan L. Resident Involvement in the New Deal for Communities. In: Planning and Development Research Conference. 2004, University of Aberdeen, UK.
- Dargan L. Conceptualising Regeneration: The New Deal for Communities in Newcastle upon Tyne. In: Planning Research Conference. 2003, Oxford Brookes University.
- Dargan, L. A New Approach to Regeneration in Tyneside? The Rhetoric and the Reality of the New Deal for Communities. Ph.D. thesis, University of Newcastle, 2002.
- Dargan, L. A New Approach to Regeneration? Reflections on the New Deal for Communities in Newcastle. CURDS Discussion Paper 2002. Newcastle upon Tyne: University of Newcastle.