Deadlines are staggered throughout the year, so check each link for up-to-date information.
- The Bar Council Law Reform Essay competition - submit a 3000-word essay which makes the case for a practical law reform for a chance to win up to £4000. Closes 5pm, Friday 29 September 2017.
- FutureLegalMind 2017 - annual award offers UK law undergraduates the chance to win a valuable work placement and cash prizes totalling over £7,000. Closing date was January 2017.
- Eversheds Essay competition - write an 800-word essay for the chance to win one week’s unpaid work experience at an Eversheds office in the UK (including Newcastle). Closing date was December 2016.
- UK Environmental Law Association (UKELA): Students - events, competitions and internship opportunities.
- UK Law Students' Association (UKLSA) Mooting competition - annual inter-university mooting competition for law students in the UK.
- Herbert Smith Freehills competition - chance to win an all-expenses paid trip to Australia and Hong Kong during the summer of 2017. If successful, you'll spend time in their offices in both Hong Kong and Australia, where you will meet their lawyers and gain an insight into life at the firm. You'll also attend a 2 day workshop at their London office, where you'll shadow a senior associate or partner. This year's competition closed in February.