Advertising, PR & marketingAdvertising, PR & marketing
- IDM Student Marketing Competition - opportunity to win hands-on experience, prizes and the opportunity to meet and impress marketing’s top VIPs. Set up your student agency, get stuck into a real-life marketing brief and pitch your solution to a real-life client. Deadline is in May each year.
- Google Online Marketing Challenge - opportunity to experience and create online marketing campaigns using Google AdWords and Google+. Competition opens in October each year and closes in April.
- L'Oréal Brandstorm - take part in an international marketing competition and imagine a new product line for an existing L’Oréal brand. Opens in September, registration deadline by February.
- D&AD: New Blood Awards - annual competition to cultivate new creative talent. Open to all students and recent graduates, the challenge is to answer a creative brief set by world famous brands. Deadline for entries is in March each year.
- IPA - run an annual competition to win a place at ‘Summer School’ where successful students are given the opportunity to spend a summer in a direct marketing, digital or healthcare advertising agency.
- BIMA Awards - includes Student of the Year award, open to full-time students on courses relevant to the digital industry. Projects can include digital marketing and social media. Entries open in March.
- ADCAN Awards - annual film competition to encourage unsigned filmmakers and animators to submit a 30sec ad from a chosen charity brief. You could win exposure to top production companies and have your ad promoted and featured by Vimeo. Opens in March.
Arts, design & creativeArts, design & creative
- Arts Thread - includes arts, design and creative events and competitions and an opportunity to showcase work.
- D&AD - British educational charity which exists to promote excellence in creative communications. Run a ‘new blood’ competition for young people between 18-23 including students and recent graduates. Last year's deadline was in March.
- Crafts Council: Opportunities - includes lists of awards and competitions.
- Eye the Prize - includes competitions, funding opportunities, events and residences across the arts and creative industries.
- Sky Arts Scholarships - opportunity to win a £30,000 Arts Scholarships. The bursary, which include a programme of expert mentoring, allows you to focus exclusively on your creative practice for a whole year. Open to individuals aged 18-30 in the fields of performing arts, music, dance, creative writing, creative production and visual arts. Opens in November.
- Hiive - lists competitions across a range of creative sectors, including music, dance and theatre.
Journalism, writing & publishingJournalism, writing & publishing
- Guardian Student Media Awards - opportunity to boost your media career. Categories are: Publication, Website, Reporter, Feature Writer, Columnist, Critic, Photographer, Digital Journalist and Broadcast Journalist of the Year. Launches in March each year. Prizes are work experience opportunities with the Guardian and NME.
- The Poetry Society - comprehensive list of competitions and prizes.
- Amnesty International Media Awards - includes a student award for students who have had an article published (or a radio/TV piece broadcast) in a recognised student media outlet. The prize is two weeks' work experience at the Observer. Opens in March each year.
- The David Welch Student Sportswriter of the Year Award - open to full-time students aged 16-25.
- Hiive - lists competitions across a range of creative sectors, including journalism and writing.
- Northern Writers' Awards - annual competition, offering cash prizes, mentoring and support to talented writers based in the North of England. Opens in December and closes in February.
- Harvill Secker Young Translators' Prize - aims to recognise and celebrate the achievements of young translators at the start of their careers. The prize is open to anyone between the ages of 18 and 34, with no restriction on country of residence.
- British Council: Study abroad - includes details of scholarships available for study abroad in a range of countries including China and Japan.
- Student Radio Awards - annual competition awarding the best in student radio across 12 categories.
- BAFTA UK Scholarships Programme - award scholarships to UK students in need of financial assistance to take a postgraduate course related to a career in film, television or game. Scholarships provide up to £10,000 to cover one year's course fees, an industry mentor and free access to BAFTA events around the UK for a year. Applications open in February and close in June each year.
- The Network - annual 4-day career development scheme which runs alongside the Edinburgh International Television Festival. Applications open in February each year.
- John Brabourne Awards - funding and work experience opportunities for talented individuals wanting to break into TV or film.
- Shooting People - details of the latest film upload competitions.
- Hiive - lists competitions across a range of creative sectors, including media.
- ADCAN Awards - annual film competition to encourage unsigned filmmakers and animators to submit a 30sec ad from a chosen charity brief. You could win exposure to top production companies and have your ad promoted and featured by Vimeo.
- Random Acts North - short film competition seeking bold, daring and challenging ideas that will make audiences think differently about the world around them. Finished films will have the chance to be included on Channel 4's online and TV platforms. Filmmakers need to be between the age of 16-24. Deadline was 3 April 2017.
Music & performing artsMusic & performing arts
- Sky Arts Scholarships - opportunity to win a £30,000 Arts Scholarships. The bursary, which include a programme of expert mentoring, allows you to focus exclusively on your creative practice for a whole year. Open to individuals aged 18-30 in the fields of performing arts, music, dance, creative writing, creative production and visual arts. Opens in November, the deadline for this year was in March.
- World Federation of International Music Competitions - lists international classical music competitions.