Deadlines are staggered throughout the year, so check each link for up-to-date information.
- Careers Service: Science & Health - see Life science and Physical Science for a list of scholarships, awards and competitions, including vacation studentships.
- Society of Biology: Top Student Award - rewards the achievements of outstanding undergraduate biologists by recognising their skills and abilities.
- Telegraph STEM Awards - opportunity for STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) undergraduates to get their ideas in front of some of the most influential companies in industry and potentially win £25,000 and a bespoke mentoring programme. Categories include healthcare and aerospace. Opens in November and closes in February each year.
- Biochemical Society: Science Communication Competition - looks for talented science communicators to take part in their annual competition. You need to submit an original piece of writing or an original video targeted at the general public, on a molecular bioscience topic of your choice. Opens in January and closes in April.
- The Josh Award - recognises and supports up-and-coming talent in science communication. The award is open to anyone involved in science communication in the UK, whether a full or part-time role or practising science communication as part of their job, eg researcher at a University. Deadline was in April.
- ExxonMobil Energy Challenge - opportunity to learn more about ExxonMobil, take part in exciting activities and potentially be fast-tracked for a summer internship or placement year in 2016. Open to students of science, technology, engineering and maths (including business/economics) degree disciplines. Opens in Spring.