Did you know that employers make job offers to more than 70% of their work experience recruits?
Discover the different types of work experience you can do and where you can find work experience opportunities.
Why do work experience?
In the competitive job market, work experience can provide you with:
- Valuable employability skills
- Commercial acumen
- Occupational awareness
- Practical examples to help you apply for graduate jobs successfully
- A clearer idea about what job suits you
- Networking opportunities and the chance to make useful contacts
- The opportunity to apply what you have learnt academically in the workplace
Have you considered our Newcastle Work Experience programme, Passport to Work scheme, or Staff-Student Shadowing Scheme?
We may also be able to provide financial support to Newcastle University students undertaking short-term work experience. Find out more about our Careers Insight Bursary.
Work experience guides
The following publications include advice, case studies and employer profiles: