You don’t need a business background to take part; students from any degree subject and stage can apply. We run skills workshops and briefing sessions with each task to help you prepare.
Working in teams you will compete in a number of start-up business related challenges. Teams will be eliminated each week, and our finalists then re-group to compete for the ultimate prize: being crowned NCL Apprentice and representing Newcastle University at the National Apprentice Challenge!
What's in it for me?
The competition is a great way for you to:
- add to your degree
- develop skills for starting a business and/or working freelance
- work alongside a real start-up business
- get an insight into the world of a start-up business
- see if you’ve got what it takes to be an entrepreneur and to work in a start-up
- enhance your employability skills taking on real business challenges
- meet like-minded students and have fun!
When and Where?
NCL Apprentice takes place at Newcastle University on 15 February, 22 February and 1 March 2017.
The winners will receive an all expenses paid trip to compete as the Official Newcastle University Team at the National Apprentice Challenge on 11/12 March.
Who can take part?
All current undergraduate and postgraduate Newcastle University students.
How do I get involved?
Applications close on 10 February 2017 at 12:00 noon. To apply, complete our online application form.