You don’t need a business background to take part; students from any degree subject and stage can apply. We run skills workshops and briefing sessions with each task to help you prepare.
Working in teams you will compete in a number of start-up business related challenges. Teams will be eliminated each week, and our finalists then re-group to compete for the ultimate prize: being crowned NCL Apprentice and representing Newcastle University at the National Apprentice Challenge!
What's in it for me?
The competition is a great way for you to:
- add to your degree
- develop skills for starting a business and/or working freelance
- work alongside a real start-up business
- get an insight into the world of a start-up business
- see if you’ve got what it takes to be an entrepreneur and to work in a start-up
- enhance your employability skills taking on real business challenges
- meet like-minded students and have fun!
When and Where?
This year, NCL Apprentice took place at Newcastle University in February and March 2017.
The winners received an all expenses paid trip to compete as the Official Newcastle University Team at the National Apprentice Challenge in March.
Who can take part?
All current undergraduate and postgraduate Newcastle University students.