Starting a business
Want to turn your idea into a reality?
You might have a business idea, invention or hobby, but need support with the challenges you'll face when making it happen. Our dedicated team of development officers and business advisers can offer you specialist one-to-one advice and practical tips on running a business.
- Need a space to think and develop your idea? The Elevator is a creative open plan workspace for you to generate and develop your business ideas.
- Is there demand for your idea? Researching the market is vital to help you find out.
- Looking for advice on funding? Go to Funding to find out what's available for Newcastle University students and graduates.
- Looking to take your idea or business to the next level? The Rise Up Pitch can help you make the right connections, get access to expert advice and support from business professionals and potentially gain some valuable investment for your business.
- Seeking to focus and structure your thinking? The Rise Up workbook is your own personal record to help you progress your idea and/or business.
- Need more help? Visit the Rise Up COBRA site for additional sources of business start up support, including legal, intellectual property and networking opportunities.
Information for international students
Newcastle University is an endorsing institution for the Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur Visa which allows non-EEA graduates to start and run a business for 12 months under the supervision of the University. Please read Newcastle University's endorsement criteria.
Whatever your needs, the Rise Up team is here to support you every step of the way. What are you waiting for...?