Dr Clare Andrews
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: +441912223466
- Personal Website: http://bit.ly/clareandrews
- Address: Institute of Neuroscience
Henry Wellcome Building for Neuroecology
Newcastle upon Tyne
- Andrews C, Nettle D, Larriva M, Gillespie R, Reichert S, Brilot BO, Bedford T, Monaghan P, Spencer KA, Bateson M. A marker of biological age explains individual variation in the strength of the adult stress response. Royal Society Open Science 2017, 4, 171208.
- Nettle D, Andrews C, Bateson M. Adaptive principles of weight regulation: Insufficient, but perhaps necessary, for understanding obesity. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 2017, 40, e105.
- Neville V, Andrews C, Nettle D, Bateson M. Dissociating the effects of alternative early-life feeding schedules on the development of adult depression-like phenotypes. Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 14823.
- Nettle D, Andrews C, Reichert S, Bedford T, Kolenda C, Parker C, Martin-Ruiz C, Monaghan P, Bateson M. Early-life adversity accelerates cellular ageing and affects adult inflammation: Experimental evidence from the European starling. Scientific Reports 2017, 7, 40794.
- Bedford T, Oliver CJ, Andrews C, Bateson M, Nettle D. Effects of early-life adversity and sex on dominance in European starlings. Animal Behaviour 2017, 128, 51-60.
- Andrews C. Unreliable food supplies, rather than too much food, may lead to obesity. The Conversation Trust, 2017. Available at: https://theconversation.com/unreliable-food-supplies-rather-than-too-much-food-may-lead-to-obesity-70104.
- Nettle D, Andrews C, Reichert S, Bedford T, Gott A, Parker C, Kolenda C, Martin-Ruiz C, Monaghan P, Bateson M. Brood size moderates associations between relative size, telomere length, and immune development in European starling nestlings. Ecology and Evolution 2016, 6(22), 8138-8148.
- Andrews C, Kruuk LEB, Smiseth PT. Evolution of elaborate parental care: phenotypic and genetic correlations between parent and offspring traits. Behavioral Ecology 2016, 28. In Preparation.
- Nettle D, Andrews C, Bateson M. Food insecurity as a driver of obesity in humans: The insurance hypothesis. Behavioral and Brain Sciences 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Maenpaa MI, Andrews CP, Collette D, Leigh D, Smiseth PT. Burying Beetle Larvae Discriminate Between Individual Parents and Between Some Classes of Adults. Ethology 2015, 121(4), 395-402.
- Nettle D, Andrews CP, Monaghan P, Brilot BO, Bedford T, Gillespie R, Bateson M. Developmental and familial predictors of adult cognitive traits in the European starling. Animal Behaviour 2015, 107, 239-248.
- Andrews C, Viviani J, Egan E, Bedford T, Brilot B, Nettle D, Bateson M. Early life adversity increases foraging and information gathering in European starlings, Sturnus vulgaris. Animal Behaviour 2015, 109, 123-132.
- O'Hagan D, Andrews CP, Bedford T, Bateson M, Nettle D. Early life disadvantage strengthens flight performance trade-offs in European starlings, Sturnus vulgaris. Animal Behaviour 2015, 102, 141-148.
- Smiseth PT, Andrews CP, Mattey SN, Mooney R. Phenotypic variation in resource acquisition influences trade-off between number and mass of offspring in a burying beetle. Journal of Zoology 2014, 293(2), 80-83.