Centre for Behaviour & Evolution Publications
Year: 2014 2013 2012 2011 2010 2009 2008 2007 2006 2005 2004 2003 2002 2001 2000 1999 1998 1997 1996 1995 1994 1993 1992 1991 1990 1989 1988 1987 1986 1984 1982 1981 1979 1978 1976 1975 1974 1973 1972
- Redfern CPF, Bevan RM. A comparison of foraging behaviour in the North Sea by Black-legged Kittiwakes Rissa tridactyla from an inland and a maritime colony.
Bird Study 2014, 61(1), 17-28.
- Sztarker J, Rind FC. A look into the cockpit of the developing locust: Looming detectors and predator avoidance.
Developmental Neurobiology 2014, 74(11), 1078-1095.
- Perrodin C, Kayser C, Logothetis NK, Petkov CI. Auditory and Visual Modulation of Temporal Lobe Neurons in Voice-Sensitive and Association Cortices.
Journal of Neuroscience 2014, 34(7), 2524-2537.
- Carle T, Rowe C. Avian predators change their foraging strategy on defended prey when undefended prey are hard to find.
Animal Behaviour 2014, 93, 97-103.
- Barnett CA, Bateson M, Rowe C. Better the devil you know: Avian predators find variation in prey toxicity aversive.
Biology Letters 2014, 10(11), 1-4.
- Robertson PA, McKenzie AJ. Big Beasts: The scientific profiles of British terrestrial mammals as measured by citation rates.
Mammal Review 2014. Submitted.
- Smith K, Halpin CG, Rowe C. Body size matters for aposematic prey during predator aversion learning.
Behavioural Processes 2014, 109(Part B), 173-179.
- McKenzie AJ, Robertson PA. British birds – which species are we studying and why?.
Plos One 2014. Submitted.
- Tiedeken EJ, Stout JC, Stevenson PC, Wright GA. Bumblebees are not deterred by ecologically relevant concentrations of nectar toxins.
Journal of Experimental Biology 2014, 217(9), 1620-1625.
- Nityananda V, Skorupski P, Chittka L. Can bees see at a glance?.
Journal of Experimental Biology 2014, 217, 1933-1939.
- Di Giminiani P, Petersen LJ, Herskin MS. Capsaicin-induced neurogenic inflammation in pig skin: A behavioural study.
Research in Veterinary Science 2014.
- Di Giminiani P, Petersen LJ, Herskin MS. Characterization of nociceptive behavioural responses in the awake pig following UV–B-induced inflammation.
European Journal of Pain 2014, 18(1), 20-28.
- Clutterbuck S, Adams J, Nettle D. Childhood Adversity Accelerates Intended Reproductive Timing in Adolescent Girls without Increasing Interest in Infants.
PLoS ONE 2014, 9(1), e85013.
- Zwart MC, McKenzie AJ, Minderman J, Whittingham MJ. Conflicts between birds and on-shore wind farms.
- Tosh CR, Brogan B. Control of tomato whiteflies using the confusion effect of plant odours.
Agronomy for Sustainable Development 2014, Epub ahead of print.
- El Mouden C, André JB, Morin O, Nettle D. Cultural transmission and the evolution of human behaviour: a general approach based on the Price equation.
Journal of Evolutionary Biology 2014, 27(2), 231-241.
- Dahir N, Tarawneh G, Mak T, Al-Dujaily R, Yakovlev A. Design and Implementation of Dynamic Thermal-Adaptive Routing Strategy for Networks-on-Chip.
In: 22nd Euromicro International Conference on Parallel, Distributed and Network-Based Processing (PDP. 2014, Turin, Italy: IEEE.
- Dalla Costa E, Minero M, Lebelt D, Stucke D, Canali E, Leach MC. Development of the Horse Grimace Scale (HGS) as a Pain Assessment Tool in Horses Undergoing Routine Castration.
PLoS ONE 2014, 9(3).
- Tam SKE, Robinson J, Jennings DJ, Bonardi C. Dissociations in the Effect of Delay on Object Recognition: Evidence for an Associative Model of Recognition Memory.
Journal of Experimental Psychology: Animal Learning and Cognition 2014, 40(1), 106-115.
- Lendrem D, Mitchell S, McMeekin P, Gompels L, Hackett K, Bowman S, Price E, Pease CT, Emery P, Andrews J, Lanyon P, Hunter J, Gupta M, Bombardieri M, Sutcliffe N, Pitzalis C, McLaren J, Cooper A, Regan M, Giles I, Isenberg D, Vadivelu S, Coady D, Dasgupta B, McHugh N, Young-Min S, Moots R, Gendi N, Akil M, Griffiths B, Ng W-F. Do the EULAR Sjögren’s syndrome outcome measures correlate with health status in primary Sjögren’s syndrome?.
Rheumatology 2014. In Press.
- Tam SKE, Jennings DJ, Bonardi C. Effects of dorsal hippocampal damage on conditioning and conditioned-response timing: A pooled analysis.
Hippocampus 2014. In Press.
- Jansen RLM, Brogan B, Whitworth AJ, Okello EJ. Effects of five Ayurvedic herbs on locomotor behaviour in a Drosophila melanogaster Parkinson's disease model.
Phytotherapy Research 2014, (epub ahead of print).
- Tarawneh G, Yakovlev A, Mak T. Eliminating Synchronization Latency Using Sequenced Latching.
IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) Systems 2014, 22(2), 408-419.
- Adeeye OO, Guy JH, Edwards SA. Exploratory behaviour and performance of piglets fed novel flavoured creep in two housing systems.
Animal Feed Science and Technology 2014, 191, 91-97.
- Williamson SM, Willis SJ, Wright GA. Exposure to neonicotinoids influences the motor function of adult worker honeybees.
Ecotoxicology 2014, 23(8), 1409-1418.
- Franks JR, Emery S, McKenzie AJ, Whittingham MJ. Farmer’s attitudes towards landscape scale environmental collaboration: findings from an online consultation.
Land Use Policy 2014. Submitted.
- Clutterbuck S, Adams J, Nettle D. Frequent residential relocations cumulatively accelerate menarcheal timing in a sample of English adolescent girls.
Journal of Biosocial Sciences 2014, Epub ahead of print.
- Coulthard MG, Crosier J, Griffiths C, Smith J, Drinnan M, Whitaker M, Beckwith R, Matthews JNS, Flecknell P, Lambert HJ. Haemodialysing babies weighing <8 kg with the Newcastle infant dialysis and ultrafiltration system (Nidus): comparison with peritoneal and conventional haemodialysis.
Pediatric Nephrology 2014, 29(10), 1873-1881.
- Douglas S, Wellock I, Edwards S, Kyriazakis I. High specification starter diets improve the performance of low birth weight pigs to 10 weeks of age.
In: British Society of Animal Science Annual Conference. 2014, Nottingham: Cambridge University Press.
- Douglas SL, Wellock I, Edwards SA, Kyriazakis I. High specification starter diets improve the performance of low birth weight pigs to 10 weeks of age.
Journal of Animal Science 2014, 92(10), 4741-4750.
- Bateson M, Tovee MJ, George HR, Gouws A, Cornelissen PL. Humans are not fooled by size illusions in attractiveness judgements.
Evolution & Human Behavior 2014, 35(2), 133-139.
- Halpin CG, Skelhorn J, Rowe C. Increased predation of nutrient-enriched aposematic prey.
Proceedings of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences 2014, 281(1781), 20133255.
- Jennings DJ. Information gathering during contests: the relationship between lateralisation and contestant behaviour during fallow deer fights.
Behavioural Processes 2014, 103, 278-282.
- Stavrakakis S, Guy JH, Warlow OME, Johnson GR, Edwards SA. Intra-operator repeatability of skin marker derived segment measures and gait kinematics in healthy pigs.
Biosystems Engineering 2014, 118, 1-6.
- McKenzie AJ, Whittingham MJ. Later corn more buntings: management options to increase farmland bird populations, but how will these fit with future Agri-environment Scheme priorities?.
Ibis 2014. Submitted.
- Jennings DJ. Limited evidence that visual lateralization is associated with fitness in rutting male fallow deer.
Animal Behaviour 2014, 92, 85-91.
- Stavrakakis S, Guy JH, Warlow OME, Johnson GR, Edwards SA. Longitudinal gait development and variability of growing pigs reared on three different floor types.
Animal 2014, 8(2), 338-346.
- Douglas SL, Edwards SA, Kyriazakis I. Management strategies to improve the performance of low birth weight pigs to weaning and their long-term consequences.
Journal of Animal Science 2014, 92(5), 2280-2288.
- Rowe C, Healy SD. Measuring cognition will be difficult but worth it: a response to comments on Rowe & Healy.
Behavioral Ecology 2014, 25, 1298-1298.
- Dixon LM, Brocklehurst S, Sandilands V, Bateson M, Tolkamp BJ, D'Eath RB. Measuring Motivation for Appetitive Behaviour: Food-Restricted Broiler Breeder Chickens Cross a Water Barrier to Forage in an Area of Wood Shavings without Food.
PLoS ONE 2014, 9(7), e102322.
- Rowe C, Healy SD. Measuring variation in cognition.
Behavioral Ecology 2014, 25, 1287-1292. In Preparation.
- Petkov CI. Mental structures and hierarchical brain processing Comment on "Toward a computational framework for cognitive biology: Unifying approaches from cognitive neuroscience and comparative cognition" by W. Tecumseh Fitch.
Physics of Life Reviews 2014, 11(3), 380-381.
- Kyriazakis I, Douglas S, Szyszka O, Stoddart K, Edwards S. Meta-analysis on the effects of animal and management factors influencing feed efficiency and growth in growing and finishing pigs.
In: British Society of Animal Science Annual Conference. 2014, Nottingham: Cambridge University Press.
- Paoli PP, Donley D, Stabler D, Saseendranath A, Nicolson SW, Simpson SJ, Wright GA. Nutritional balance of essential amino acids and carbohydrates of the adult worker honeybee depends on age.
Amino Acids 2014, 46(6), 1449-1458.
- Bateson M. Of (stressed) mice and men.
Nature Methods 2014, 11(6), 623-624.
- Bonardi C, Mondragon E, Brilot B, Jennings DJ. Overshadowing by fixed and variable duration stimuli.
Quarterly Journal of Experimental Psychology 2014. In Press.
- Schönwiesner M, Dechent P, Voit D, Petkov CI, Krumbholz K. Parcellation of Human and Monkey Core Auditory Cortex with fMRI Pattern Classification and Objective Detection of Tonotopic Gradient Reversals.
Cerebral Cortex 2014.
- Pepper GV, Nettle D. Perceived Extrinsic Mortality Risk and Reported Effort in Looking after Health.
Human Nature 2014, 25(3), 378-392.
- Mo JJY, Cheung K, Gledhill LJ, Pollet TV, Boothroyd LG, Tovee MJ. Perceptions of female body size and shape in China, Hong Kong, and the United Kingdom.
Cross-Cultural Research 2014, 48(1), 78-103.
- Smiseth PT, Andrews CP, Mattey SN, Mooney R. Phenotypic variation in resource acquisition influences trade-off between number and mass of offspring in a burying beetle.
Journal of Zoology 2014, 293(2), 80-83.
- Kikuchi Y, Horwitz B, Mishkin M, Rauschecker JP. Processing of harmonics in the lateral belt of macaque auditory cortex.
Frontiers in Neuroscience 2014, 82, 204.
- Serrano-Pedraza I, Romero-Ferreiro V, Read JC, Diéguez-Risco T, Bagney A, Caballero-González M, Rodríguez-Torresano J, Rodríguez-Jiménez R. Reduced visual surround suppression in schizophrenia shown by measuring contrast detection thresholds.
Frontiers in Psychology 2014, 5, 1431.
- Lamba S, Nityananda V. Self-Deceived Individuals Are Better at Deceiving Others.
PLoS One 2014, 9(8), e104562.
- Simcock NK, Gray HE, Wright GA. Single amino acids in sucrose rewards modulate feeding and associative learning in the honeybee.
Journal of Insect Physiology 2014. In Press.
- Adams J, Stamp E, Nettle D, Milne EMG, Jagger C. Socioeconomic position and the association between anticipated and actual survival in older English adults.
Journal of Epidemiology & Community Health 2014, 68(9), 818-825.
- Mondragón E, Gray J, Alonso E, Bonardi C, Jennings DJ. SSCC TD: A serial and simultaneous configural-cue compound stimuli representation for temporal difference learning.
PLOS One 2014, 9(7), e102469.
- Roughan JV, Coulter CA, Flecknell PA, Thomas HD, Sufka KJ. The Conditioned Place Preference Test for Assessing Welfare Consequences and Potential Refinements in a Mouse Bladder Cancer Model.
PLoS One 2014, 9(8), e103362.
- Paoli PP, Wakeling LA, Wright GA, Ford D. The dietary proportion of essential amino acids and Sir2 influence lifespan in the honeybee.
AGE 2014, 36, 1239-1247.
- Adeleye OO, Brett M, Blomfield D, Guy JH, Edwards SA. The effect of algal biomass supplementation in maternal diets on piglet survival in two housing systems.
Livestock Science 2014, 162, 193-200.
- Nettle D, Frankenhuis WE, Rickard IJ. The evolution of predictive adaptive responses in humans: response.
Proceedings of the Royal Society B. Biological Sciences 2014, 281, 1780.
- Bloxham L, Bateson M, Bedford T, Brilot B, Nettle D. The memory of hunger: developmental plasticity of dietary selectivity in the European starling, Sturnus vulgaris.
Animal Behaviour 2014, 91, 33-40.
- Richardson CA. The power of automated behavioural homecage technologies in characterizing disease progression in laboratory mice: A review.
Applied Animal Behaviour Science 2014, Epub ahead of print. In Press.
- Tosh CR, McNally L. The relative efficiency of modular and non-modular networks of different size.
Proceedings of the Royal Society of London B, Biological Sciences 2014. In Press.
- Secklehner J, Richardson CA. The reporting of animal welfare details in liver research: A review of studies describing bile duct ligation in mice (2011-2013).
Journal of Hepatology 2014, 62(1), 250-251.
- French AS, Simcock KL, Rolke D, Gartside SE, Blenau W, Wright GA. The role of serotonin in feeding and gut contractions in the honeybee.
Journal of Insect Physiology 2014, 61, 8-15.
- Zwart MC, Baker A, McGowan PJK, Whittingham MJ. The Use of Automated Bioacoustic Recorders to Replace Human Wildlife Surveys: An Example Using Nightjars.
PLoS One 2014, 9(7), e102770.
- Douglas SL, Edwards SA, Kyriazakis I. Too late to catch up: A high nutrient specification diet in the grower phase does not improve the performance of low birth weight pigs.
Journal of Animal Science 2014, 92(10), 4577-4584.
- Hurst V, Stevenson PC, Wright GA. Toxins induce 'malaise' behaviour in the honeybee (Apis mellifera).
Journal of Comparative Physiology A 2014, 200(10), 881-890.
- Hunter JE, Butterworth J, Perkins ND, Bateson M, Richardson CA. Using body temperature, food and water consumption as biomarkers of disease progression in mice with Eμ-myc lymphoma.
British Journal of Cancer 2014, 110, 928-934.
- Stavrakakis S, Guy JH, Warlow OME, Johnson GR, Edwards SA. Walking kinematics of growing pigs associated with differences in musculoskeletal conformation, subjective gait score and osteochondrosis.
Livestock Science 2014, 165, 104-113.
- Rickard IJ, Frankenhuis WE, Nettle D. Why Are Childhood Family Factors Associated With Timing of Maturation? A Role for Internal Prediction.
Perspectives on Psychological Science 2014, 9(1), 3-15.