The School offers a professional consultancy service which covers a wide range of expertise including:
- Bio, hydrogen/oxygen and direct alcohol fuel cell technologies.
- Polymerisation processes, process intensification, assessment of novel reactor technologies for a range of applications.
- Failure analysis (plant problems, failed components); materials problems and selection issues, coating selection and testing, wear failure and testing.
- Electrocatalysis, photo(electro)catalysis (especially by TiO 2), water and wastewater and waste treatment by electrochemical and photoelectrochemical methods (Advanced Oxidation Processes), academic/industrial interface and research and commercialisation.
- Nanoparticle formation, characterisation and modification. Paint and polymer solar durability.
- Bioprocess modelling, monitoring, optimisation, Process Analytical Technologies (PAT) technologies.
- Computational fluid dynamics, process intensification, thermodynamics, fluid flow.
- Design, development and commissioning of instrumentation and control systems for the automation of plant used in the chemical and process industries, including costs and benefits analysis, specification of requirements, modelling and simulation of plant dynamics, control systems analysis, computer control systems design and design of protection systems.
- Industrial statistics, multivariate data analysis, data based modelling.
- Plating, pulse plating, electrodeposition, surface analysis and corrosion.
- Chemical engineering, electrochemical engineering, membrane separations, reactor engineering, environmental protection.
- Surface science, clusters, semiconductor nanoparticle synthesis and characterisation, carbon nanomaterials and characterisation, metal nitridation.
- Chemometrics, spectroscopic characterisation of powders, liquids and suspensions.
- Chemical process development, thermochemistry, modelling, scale up, batch to continuous.
- Chemical process modelling, monitoring, optimisation and control.
- The School has the expertise and equipment to provide research, testing and inspection services, particularly in the Materials area. For more information, please visit the Advanced Chemicals and Materials Analysis website.
- Fuel Cells offer a full range of associated fuel cell services including component, electrode and stack design, fabrication and testing, catalyst screening and production.
Staff in CEAM have provided high quality advice for a diverse range of companies, covering a wide range of industrial sectors from the pharmaceutical and aviation industry to the utilities.
Please contact us to discuss your specific requirements:
Faculty of Science Agriculture & Engineering (SAgE) Enterprise Team
Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 3721