Professor Zhenhong Li
Professor of Imaging Geodesy
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: +44 (0) 191 208 5704
- Address: School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences
Room G11, Cassie Building
Newcastle upon Tyne
Call for papers:
Special Issue of Sensors - First Experiences with Chinese Gaofen-3 SAR Sensor (closing date: 31 December 2017)
Special Issue of Remote Sensing - Earth Observation to Support Disaster Preparedness and Disaster Risk Management (closing date: 31 December 2017)
BSc (Distinction) in Geodesy, Wuhan Technical University of Surveying & Mapping (now Wuhan University), China, 1993.09-1997.07
PhD in Space Geodesy and Remote Sensing, University College London, United Kingdom, 2001.09-2005.04
Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2008.09-2010.08
Professor of Imaging Geodesy, Newcastle University, United Kingdom, 2014.04-present
Guest Professor, the Geospatial Information Collaborative Innovation Centre, Wuhan University, China, 2015-2016
Luojia Guest Professor, Wuhan University, China, 2012-2015
Affiliated Scientist, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, California Institute of Technology (Caltech), United States, 2009-2012
Senior Lecturer, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2011.08-2014.03
Lecturer, University of Glasgow, United Kingdom, 2008.04-2011.07
COMET Research Fellow, University College London, United Kingdom, 2005.06-2008.03
Elected Fellow of the International Association of Geodesy (IAG), 2015
Elected Fellow of the Royal Astronomical Society (RAS), 2014
Elected Fellow of the Remote Sensing and Photogrammetry Society (FRSPSoc), 2010
Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (FHEA), 2010
Member of the Committee on Collaboration, International Society for Digital Earth, 2013-present
Member of the NERC Geophysics and Space Geodesy Facilities Steering Committee (2010-2016)
Member of NERC Peer Review College (2014-2015)
Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2013
President of the International Association of Geodesy (IAG) sub-commission 4.4: Applications of Satellite & Airborne Imaging System (2011-2015).
Co-Chair of the International Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS) WG III/2 Microwave Remote Sensing (2016-2020)
Co-Chair of the European Association of Remote Sensing Laboratories (EARSeL) Special Interest Group on Radar (2016-2020)
Member of American Geophysical Union (AGU)
Peer Review Activities
Associate Editor for Advances in Space Research (ASR) (2016 - present)
Associate Editor for Remote Sensing (2017 - present)
Guest Editor for Special Issue of Remote Sensing - Earth Observations for Geohazards (March 2016)
Editorial Board Member for Earthquake Science, Survey Review, and Journal of Global Positioning System
Paper reviewer for more than 30 international journals including JGR, GRL, GJI, RS, BSSA, IEEE TGRS, IJRS, and Scientific Reports
Grant reviewer for 6 national and international research councils including the UK NERC, the Portuguese FCT, the Romanian NRC and the EU FP7 Marie Curie Individual Fellowships
Acting as PhD examiners: University of Nottingham (November 2012, External; October 2016, External); Imperial College London (November 2012, External); University of Glasgow (January 2013, Internal); University of Alicante (March 2014, External); The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (August 2014, External); University of Liverpool (October 2014, External for MSc Dissertation); Newcastle University (December 2014; November 2015); Reading University (December 2015).
I am always looking for enthusiastic and professionally curious PhD students with an academic background on geomatics/geoinformatics, geophysics, geology, electrical engineering, mathematics or physics. If you are interested in Satellite Geodesy and its geophysical and engineering applications, please contact me: Zhenhong.Li@newcastle.ac.uk
United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR): Can satellites be used as an early warning system for landslides (03 July 2017, also see UK COMET, Science Newsline, Space Daily, China Daily, the Nation (Thailand))
Theguardian: Beijing has fallen: China's capital sinking by 11cm a year, satellite study warns (24 June 2016)
My principal research interests include the use of Interferometric Synthetic Aperture Radar (InSAR) and Global Navigation Satellite System (GNSS) for monitoring changes in the Earth’s surface for geophysical and engineering applications such as earthquakes, volcanoes, landslides and city subsidence. I specialize in development of advanced space geodesy techniques for precise deformation mapping.
- InSAR atmospheric correction models: Generic Atmospheric Correction Online Service for InSAR (GACOS)
- Advanced InSAR time series techniques
- Ground based SAR (GB-SAR)
- High-rate GNSS data processing
- Remote Sensing
- Satellite Gravity: GRACE for coseismic gravity changes
- Earthquake: fault geometry and slip distribution constrained by geodetic measurements
- Continental deformation
- Landslides (Slope instability)
- Ground subsidence in River Deltas
- Structural deformation of dams, buildings, railways, and motorways
- Atmospheric water vapour spatio-temporal variations
- Environmental changes (e.g. Lake water level change, coastal erosion, flood mapping and aerosol monitoring)
- Earth Observations (GNSS, Remote Sensing and Sensors) for Precision Agriculture
Current postgraduate students
- Julia Stockamp (PhD candidate, Based in Glasgow)
- Jiajun Chen (PhD candidate)
- Yasir Al-Husseinawi (PhD candidate)
- Chris Hatworth (PhD candidate)
- Chen Yu (PhD candidate)
- Zheng Wang (PhD candidate)
- Tengteng Qu (PhD candidate)
- Dr Paola Crippa (COMET PDRA, October 2014 - July 2017)
- Dr Jing Guo (PAFiC PDRA, Nov 2016 - present)
- Dr Zhenhai Li (PAFiC PDRA, Jan 2017 - present)
- Dr Jianqi Zhuang (CEDRRiC PDRA, Jan 2017 - present)
- Dr Bingqian Chen (Jan 2017 - Jan 2018)
- Dr Na Li (Dec 2016 - Dec 2017)
- Dr Haibin Luo (Mar 2017 - Mar 2018)
- Dr Ka Zhang (Mar 2017 - Mar 2018)
- Dr Andrew Singleton (October 2014 - present, Affiliated RA)
Past Research Fellows/Assosciates/Assistants
- Mr Andrew Singleton (University of Glasgow)
- Mr David Milodowski (University of Edinburgh)
- Dr Cem Kincal (Lecturer, Dokuz Eylül University, Turkey)
Past PhD Students
- Dr Keren Dai (2017; Co-Supervisor)
- Dr Haval A. Sadeq (2015)
- Dr Wanpeng Feng (2014)
- Dr Andrew Singleton (2014)
- Dr Zhiwei Zhou (2013)
- Dr Peng Li (2013; Co-Supervisor)
- Dr Peng Liu (2012)
- Dr Yangmao Wen (2009; Co-Supervisor)
Past Visiting Professors/Scientists/Researchers/Interns
- Prof Yanxiong Liu (First Institute of Oceanography, SOA, China, 2008)
- Dr William Hammond (University of Neveda, Reno, 2010)
- Dr Xiaoqing Pi (Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Caltech, 2010)
- Dr Yangmao Wen (Associate Professor, Wuhan University, 2008-2009, 2013-2014)
- Dr Wei Qu (Lecturer, Chang'an University, 2010)
- Dr Chengsheng Yang (Lecturer, Chang'an University, 2010)
- Dr Yang Liu (PhD student, Wuhan University, 2010)
- Dr Roberto Tomás Jover (Associate Professor, University of Alicante, Spain, Jun-Oct 2011)
- Ms Marie-Laure Bachschmidt (MSc Intern, University of Strasburg, 2012)
- Mr Simon Taussig (MSc Intern, ENSG, 2012)
- Dr Sergio Fernandez (Postdoc, DLR, 2012)
- Ms Qiong Li (PhD Intern, Wuhan University, 2012)
- Dr Yongsheng Li (PhD student, Institute of Crustal Dynamic, China Earthquake Administration, 2012)
- Dr Peng Li (PhD student, Wuhan University, 2012)
- Prof Jingfa Zhang (Institute of Crustal Dynamic, China Earthquake Administration, Nov 2012 - May 2013)
- Dr Dominique Derauw (Centre Spatial de Liège, Belgium, April 2013)
- Prof Peijun Du (Nanjing University, August - September 2013)
- Dr Juqing Zhang (Chang'an University, September - December 2013)
- Dr Lianying Li (Wuhan University, March 2013 - March 2014)
- Dr Xiaolan Xu (Wuhan University, March 2013 - March 2014)
- Prof Jingfa Zhang (Institute of Crustal Dynamic, China Earthquake Administration, August - September 2014)
- Dr Mahdi Motagh (Helmholtz Center Potsdam, GFZ, November 2014)
- Prof Tao Li (Wuhan University, January - December 2014)
- Dr Mi Chen (Capital Normal University, July 2014 - July 2015)
- Dr Guifang Zhang (Institute of Geology, China Earthquake Administration, August 2014 - August 2015)
- Mr Leyin Hu (Earthquake Administration of Beijing Municipality, CEA, September 2014 - August 2015)
- Dr Roberto Tomás Jover (Associate Professor, University of Alicante, Spain, June - August 2015)
- Dr Jing Guo (PUMiC PDRA, Nov 2015 - Mar 2016)
- Dr Yang Hao (PUMiC PDRA, Nov 2015 - Mar 2016)
- Dr Lixia Gong (Institute of Crustal Dynamic, China Earthquake Administration, Jan 2016 - Jan 2017)
- Dr Anxi Yu (National University of Defence Technology, Aug 2016 - Jan 2017)
- Dr Yang Liu (Wuhan University, Mar 2016 - Mar 2017)
PAFiC: Precision Agriculture for Family-farms in China, the STFC-NSFC Newton Agri-Tech Joint Programme, 2016-2019.
Community-based earthquake disaster risk reduction in China (CEDRRiC): integrating local and scientific knowledge for planning and preparedness, the NERC-ESRC-NSFC Newton Fund - Increasing Resilience to Natural Hazards in Earthquake Prone Regions of China (IRNHiC), 2016.01-2018.12.
Dragon-4: Earth observations for geohazard monitoring and risk assessment, European Space Agency and the Ministry of Science and Technology (MOST), China, 2016-2020.
Building REsilience to Multi-source Flooding in South/Southeast Asia through a Technology-informed Community-based approacH (REMATCH), NERC Global Challenges Research Fund: Building Resilience, 2016-2017.
DRIER-China: Drought Resilience In Ecosystem services and Rural communities in China, NERC Global Challenges Research Fund: Building Resilience, 2016-2017.
Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics (COMET), Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), 2014-2019.
Looking inside the Continents from Space (LiCS): Insights into Earthquake Hazard and Crustal Deformation, Natural Environment Research Council (NERC) Large Grant, Lead PIs: Prof Barry Parsons and Tim Wright, PI: Z. Li, 2013-2018.
Urban Big Data Research Centre, Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) Large Grant, 2014-2019.
Exploring the potential for precision nutrient management in China (PUMiC), the STFC Newton Agri-Tech Fund, 2015-2016.
RApID: Resilient Application of Intelligent Disaster management, the STFC Newton Agri-Tech Fund, 2014-2015.
Exemplar Smart Farming in Newcastle, the STFC Newton Agri-Tech Pathfinder programme, 2014-2015.
Ground Based Synthetic Aperture Radar (GB-SAR), NERC Strategic Environmental Science Capital Call, 2014.
RAE Distinguished Visiting Fellowship (to support Dr Maorong Ge from GFZ): GNSS Seismology for responding to large earthquakes and monitoring infrastructure stability, Royal Academy of Engineering, 2014-2015.
Assessing the performances of Terrestrial Imaging Systems for Topographic Mapping, NERC National Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO), United Kingdom, 2013-2014.
Using high resolution topographic data to detect regions of high seismic hazard from space, Carnegie Trust (Larger Grant), 2012
Polarimetric synthetic aperture radar image processing for rapid assessment of earthquake hazard damage, the RSE-NCFS International Joint Project, PI: Z. Li, 2012-2014.
Field investigation of landslides identified by radar interferometry in the Three Gorges region (China), Carnegie Trust, PI: Z. Li, 2012.
GAS: Generic Atmosphere Solutions for radar measurements. NERC, PI: Z. Li, 2009-2011.
National Centre for Earth Observation (NCEO): Centre for the Observation and Modelling of Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Tectonics (COMET+), Natural Environment Research Council (NERC), Associated Investigator: Z. Li, 2008-2012.
Use of advanced InSAR time series techniques to map city subsidence in Jiangsu Province, China. PI: Z. Li, 2010-2012
Multi-wavelength PS InSAR techniques and their applications to land subsidence in Eastern China, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC), PI: Guoxiang Liu, 2011-2013.
Sediment compaction over the Yellow River Delta, China, with Radar Interferometry Time Series Analysis, Carnegie Trust, PI: Z. Li, 2010-2011.
Use of InSAR to map surface cracks in Xi’an City, China, PI: Z. Li, 2009-2010
Use of InSAR to map city subsidence in Jiangsu Province, China. PI: Z. Li, 2009-2010
OSCAR: Online Services for Correcting Atmosphere in Radar, NASA, PI: Paul von Allmen; 2009-2012
Monitor active faults in Tibet using GPS/InSAR integrated techniques, China 863 programme (ID: 2009AA12Z317), PI: Caijun Xu, 2009-2010.
Using space geodesy techniques (i.e. GPS and InSAR) to monitor deformation over the Yellow River Delta, National Natural Science Foundation of China (NSFC). PI: Xinghua Zhou, 2006-2008.
Conference Grant for the 2008 AGU Fall Meeting, San Francisco, CA, USA. The Royal Society. PI: Z. Li, 2008.
Travel Award for an excellent paper presented at the 2008 ISPRS Congress, Beijing, China, the International Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ISPRS). PI: Z. Li, 2008.
- CEG2703: Observation Processing Analysis (10 credits)
- CEG2710: GNSS theory and practice (10 credits)
- CEG3707: Geohazards and Deformation of the Earth (10 credits)
- Yang C, Zhang Q, Li Z. Stretched boundary layer water vapor interpolation algorithm for ECMWF data [in Chinese]. Wuhan Daxue Xuebao (Xinxi Kexue Ban)/Geomatics and Information Science of Wuhan University 2015, 40(1), 83-89.
- Wang Z, Mills J, Xiao W, Huang R, Zheng S, Li Z. A Flexible, Generic Photogrammetric Approach to Zoom Lens Calibration. Remote Sensing 2017, 9(3), 1-15.
- Tomás R, Li Z. Earth Observations for Geohazards: Present and Future Challenges. Remote Sensing 2017, 9(3), 10.
- Yu C, Penna NT, Li Z. Generation of real-time mode high-resolution water vapor fields from GPS observations. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 2017, 122(3), 2008-2025.
- Deng Z, Ke Y, Gong H, Li X, Li Z. Land subsidence prediction in Beijing based on PS-InSAR technique and improved Grey-Markov model. GIScience & Remote Sensing 2017, epub ahead of print.
- Wang J, Xu C, Freymueller JT, Li Z. Probing Coulomb stress triggering effects for a Mw > 6.0 earthquake sequence from 1997 to 2014 along the periphery of the Bayan Har block on the Tibetan Plateau. Tectonophysics 2017, 694, 249-267.
- Li P, Li Z, Muller J-P, Shi C, Liu J. A New Quality Validation of Global Digital Elevation Models Freely Available in China. Survey Review 2016, 48(351), 409-420.
- Liu P, Li QQ, Li ZH, Hoey T, Liu GX, Wang CS, Hu ZW, Zhou ZW, Singleton A. Anatomy of Subsidence in Tianjin from Time Series InSAR. Remote Sensing 2016, 8(3), 266-266.
- Yang H, Xie L, Chen E, Zhang H, Yang G, Li Z, Gu X. Biomass estimation of oilseed rape using simulated compact polarimtric SAR imagery. In: International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). 2016, Beijing: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Lu C, Li X, Li Z, Heinkelmann R, Nilsson T, Dick G, Ge M, Schuh H. GNSS tropospheric gradients with high temporal resolution and their effect on precise positioning. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 2016, 121(2), 912-930.
- Chen M, Tomás R, Li Z, Motagh M, Li T, Hu L, Gong H, Li X, Yu J, Gong X. Imaging Land Subsidence Induced by Groundwater Extraction in Beijing (China) Using Satellite Radar Interferometry. Remote Sensing 2016, 8(6), 468.
- Li Y, Zhang J, Li Z, Luo Y, Jiang W, Tian Y. Measurement of subsidence in the Yangbajing geothermal fields, Tibet, from TerraSAR-X InSAR time series analysis. International Journal of Digital Earth 2016, 9(7), 697-709.
- Sadeq H, Drummond J, Li Z. Merging Digital Surface Models Implementing Bayesian Approaches. In: XXIII ISPRS Congress, Commission VII. 2016, Prague, Czech Republic: Copernicus GmbH.
- Dai K, Li Z, Tomás R, Liu G, Yu B, Wang X, Cheng H, Chen J, Stockamp J. Monitoring activity at the Daguangbao mega-landslide (China) using Sentinel-1 TOPS time series interferometry. Remote Sensing of Environment 2016, 186, 501-513.
- Zhou Z, Li Z, Waldron S, Tanaka A. Monitoring peat subsidence and carbon emission in Indonesia peatlands using InSAR time series. In: 2016 International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium (IGARSS). 2016, Beijing, China: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Inc.
- Cheng X, Hou K, Li Z. New advances on environment monitoring with wireless sensor network. International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks 2016, 12(7).
- Cai XL, Li XY, Fan WJ, Yu WQ, Wang S, Li ZH, Scott EM, Li XY. Potassium and Obesity/Metabolic Syndrome: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis of the Epidemiological Evidence. NUTRIENTS 2016, 8(4).
- Cai X, Li Z, Scott EM, Li X, Tang M. Short-term effects of atmospheric particulate matter on myocardial infarction: a cumulative meta-analysis. Environmental Science and Pollution Research 2016, 23(7), 6139-6148.
- Feng W, Lindsey E, Barbot S, Samsonov S, Dai K, Li P, Li Z, Almeida R, Chen J, Xu X. Source characteristics of the 2015 MW 7.8 gorkha (Nepal) earthquake and its MW 7.2 aftershock from space geodesy. Tectonophysics 2016, (ePub ahead of Print).
- Li Y, Shen W, Wen Y, Zhang J, Li Z, Jiang W, Luo Y. Source parameters for the 2015 Nepal earthquake revealed by InSAR observations and strong ground motion simulation. Chinese Journal of Geophysics (Chinese Edition) 2016, 59(4), 1359-1370.
- Stockamp J, Bishop P, Li Z, Petrie EJ, Hansom J, Rennie A. State-of-the-art in studies of glacial isostatic adjustment for the British Isles: a literature review. Earth and Environmental Science Transactions of the Royal Society of Edinburgh 2016, 106(3), 145-170.
- Liu Y, Xu CJ, Li ZH, Wen YM, Chen JJ, Li ZC. Time-Dependent Afterslip of the 2009 Mw 6.3 Dachaidan Earthquake (China) and Viscosity beneath the Qaidam Basin Inferred from Postseismic Deformation Observations (vol 8, pg 649, 2016). Remote Sensing 2016, 8(9), 784-784.
- Li ZH, Wright T, Hooper A, Crippa P, Gonzalez P, Walters R, Elliott J, Ebmeier S, Hatton E, Parsons B. Towards InSAR Everywhere, All the Time, With Sentinel-1. In: XXIII ISPRS Congress, Commission IV. 2016, Prague, Czech Republic: Copernicus GmbH.
- Li Y, Feng W, Zhang J, Li Z, Tian Y, Jiang W, Luo Y. Coseismic slip of the 2014 Mw 6.1 Napa, California earthquake revealed by Sentinel-1A InSAR. Chinese Journal of Geophysics - Chinese Edition 2015, 58(7), 2339-2349.
- Dai K, Liu G, Li Z, Li T, Yu B, Wang X, Singleton A. Extracting Vertical Displacement Rates in Shanghai (China) with Multi-Platform SAR Images. Remote Sensing 2015, 7(8), 9542-9562.
- Lin NY, Jolivet R, Simons M, Agram PS, Martens HR, Li Z, Lodi SH. High interseismic coupling in the Eastern Makran (Pakistan) subduction zone. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 2015, 420, 116–126.
- Stockamp J, Li Z, Bishop P, Hansom J, Rennie A, Petrie E, Tanaka A, Bingley R, Hansen D. Investigating glacial isostatic adjustment in Scotland with InSAR and GPS observations. In: FRINGE '15: Advances in the Science and Applications of SAR Interferometry and Sentinel-1 InSAR Workshop. 2015, Frascati, Italy: European Space Agency.
- Liu P, Li Q, Li Z, Hoey T, Liu Y, Wang C. Land Subsidence over Oilfields in the Yellow River Delta. Remote Sensing 2015, 7(2), 1540-1564.
- Du P, Samat A, Waske B, Liu S, Li Z. Random Forest and Rotation Forest for fully polarized SAR image classification using polarimetric and spatial features. ISPRS Journal of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing 2015, 105, 38-53.
- Tomás R, Li Z, Lopez-Sanchez JM, Liu P, Singleton A. Using wavelet tools to analyse seasonal variations from InSAR time-series data: a case study of the Huangtupo landslide. Landslides 2015.
- Wen Y, Xu C, Li Z, Liu Y, Feng W, Shan X. Coseismic and postseismic deformation of the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake from InSAR. Chinese Journal of Geophysics - Chinese Edition 2014, 57(6), 1814-1824.
- Singleton A, Li Z, Hoey T, Muller J-P. Evaluating sub-pixel offset techniques as an alternative to D-InSAR for monitoring episodic landslide movements in vegetated terrain. Remote Sensing of Environment 2014, 147, 133-144.
- Jolivet R, Agram P, Lin N, Simons M, Doin M, Peltzer G, Li Z. Improving InSAR geodesy using global atmospheric models. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2014, 119(3), 2324-2341.
- Qu W, Lu Z, Zhang Q, Li Z, Peng J, Wang Q, Drummond J, Zhang M. Kinematic model of crustal deformation of Fenwei basin, China based on GPS observations. Journal of Geodynamics 2014, 75, 1-8.
- Feng W, Li Z, Hoey T, Zhang Y, Wang R, Samsonov S, Xu Z. Patterns and Mechanisms of Coseismic and Postseismic Slips of the 2011 Mw 7.1 Van (Turkey) Earthquake Revealed by Multi-platform Synthetic Aperture Radar Interferometry. Tectonophysics 2014, 632, 188-198.
- Wang J, Xu C, Freymueller J, Li Z, Shen W. Sensitivity of Coulomb Stress Change to the Parameters of the Coulomb Failure Model: A Case Study Using the 2008 Mw 7.9 Wenchuan Earthquake. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2014, 119(4), 3371-3392.
- Tomas R, Li Z, Liu P, Singleton A, Hoey T, Cheng X. Spatiotemporal characteristics of the Huangtupo landslide in the Three Gorges region (China) constrained by radar interferometry. Geophysical Journal International 2014, 1-20.
- Bao F, Ni S, Xie J, Zeng X, Li Z, Li Z. Validating Accuracy of Rayleigh‐Wave Dispersion Extracted from Ambient Seismic Noise Via Comparison with Data from a Ground‐Truth Earthquake. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 2014, 104(4), 2133-2141.
- Li P, Li Z, Shi C, Feng W, Liang C, Li T, Zeng Q, Liu J. Impacts of geoid height on large-scale crustal deformation mapping with InSAR observations. Chinese Journal of Geophysics (Chinese Edition) 2013, 56(6), 1857-1867.
- Fielding E, Sladen A, Li Z, Avouac J-P, Burgmann R, Ryder I. Kinematic fault slip evolution source models of the 2008 M7.9 Wenchuan earthquake in China from SAR interferometry, GPS and teleseismic analysis and implications for Longmen Shan tectonics. Geophysical Journal International 2013, 194(2), 1138-1166.
- Walters R, Elliott J, Li Z, Parsons B. Rapid strain accumulation on the Ashkabad fault (Turkmenistan) from atmosphere-corrected InSAR. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2013, 118(7), 3674–3690.
- Zhang G, Shan X, Delouis B, Qu C, Balestra J, Li Z, Liu Y, Zhang G. Rupture history of the 2010 Ms 7.1 Yushu earthquake by joint inversion of teleseismic data and InSAR measurements. Tectonophysics 2013, 584(22), 129-137.
- Feng W, Li Z, Elliott JR, Fukushima Y, Hoey T, Singleton A, Cook R, Xu Z. The 2011 Mw 6.8 Burma earthquake: fault constraints provided by multiple SAR techniques. Geophysical Journal International 2013, 195(1), 650-660.
- Liu P, Li Z, Hoey T, Kincal C, Zhang J, Muller J-P. Using advanced InSAR time series techniques to monitor landslide movements in Badong of the Three Gorges region, China. International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation 2013, 21, 253–264.
- Hammond W, Blewitt G, Li Z, Plag H-P, Kreemer C. Contemporary uplift of the Sierra Nevada, western United States from GPS and InSAR measurements. Geology 2012, 40(7), 667-670.
- Li Z, Pasquali P, Cantone A, Singleton A, Funning G, Forrest D. MERIS atmospheric water vapor correction model for wide swath interferometric synthetic aperture radar. IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters 2012, 9(2), 257-261.
- Wen Y, Li Z, Xu C, Ryder I, Bürgmann R. Postseismic motion after the 2001 Mw 7.8 Kokoxili earthquake in Tibet observed by InSAR time series. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2012, 117(B8), B08405.
- Zhang Q, Qu W, Peng J, Wang Q, Li Z. Research on tectonic causes of numerous ground fissures development mechanism and its unbalance distribution between eastern and western of Weihe basin. Chinese Journal of Geophysics (Chinese Edition) 2012, 55(8), 2589-2597.
- Elliott J, Nissen E, England P, Jackson J, Lamb S, Li Z, Oehlers M, Parsons B. Slip in the 2010-2011 Canterbury earthquakes, New Zealand. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2012, 117(B3), B03401.
- Zhang Y, Feng W, Chen Y, Xu L, Li Z, Forrest D. The 2009 L'Aquila MW 6.3 earthquake: a new technique to locate the hypocentre in the joint inversion of earthquake rupture process. Geophysical Journal International 2012, 191(3), 1417-1426.
- Zhang Q, Qu W, Wang Q, Peng J, Drummond J, Li Z, Lin Q. Analysis of present tectonic stress and regional ground fissure formation mechanism of the Weihe Basin. Survey Review 2011, 43(322), 382-389.
- Zha X, Dai Z, Ge L, Zhang K, Li Z, Chen X, Fu R. Fault geometry and slip distribution of the 2010 Yushu earthquakes inferred from InSAR measurement. Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America 2011, 101(4), 1951-1958.
- Pi X, Freeman A, Chapman B, Rosen P, Li Z. Imaging ionospheric inhomogeneities using spaceborne synthetic aperture radar. Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics 2011, 116(A4), A04303.
- Li Z, Elliott J, Feng W, Jackson J, Parsons B, Walters R. The 2010 MW 6.8 Yushu (Qinghai, China) earthquake: constraints provided by InSAR and body wave seismology. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2011, 116(B10), B10302.
- Zhang G, Qu C, Shan X, Zhang G, Song X, Li Z, Hu J. The Coseismic Insar Measurements of 2008 Yutian Earthquake and Its Inversion for the Fault Slip. Chinese Journal of Geophysics 2011, 54(6), 757-765.
- Feng W, Li Z, Li C. Optimal source parameters of the 6 April 2009 Mw 6.3 L’Aquila, Italy earthquake from InSAR observations. Diqiu Wulixue Jinzhan = Progress in Geophysics 2010, 25(5), 1550-1559.
- Feng W, Li Z. A novel hybrid PSO/simplex algorithm for determining earthquake source parameters using InSAR observations. Diqiu Wulixue Jinzhan [Progress in Geophysics] 2010, 25(5), 1550-1559.
- Xu C, Wang J, Li Z, Drummond J. Applying the Coulomb Failure Function with an optimally oriented plane to the 2008 Mw 7.9 Wenchuan earthquake triggering. Tectonophysics 2010, 491(1-4), 119–126.
- Elliott J, Walters R, England P, Jackson J, Li Z, Parsons B. Extension on the Tibetan plateau: recent normal faulting measured by InSAR and body wave seismology. Geophysical Journal International 2010, 183(2), 503-535.
- Feng W, Xu L, Li Z. Fault parameters of the October 2008 Damxung Mw 6.3 earthquake from InSAR inversion and its tectonic implication. Diqiu Wuli Xuebao = Chinese Journal of Geophysics (Chinese Edition) 2010, 53(5), 1134-1142.
- Li Z, Fielding E, Cross P, Preusker R. Advanced InSAR atmospheric correction: MERIS/MODIS combination and stacked water vapour models. International Journal of Remote Sensing 2009, 30(13), 3343-3363.
- Li Z, Fielding E, Cross P. Integration of InSAR time series analysis and water vapour correction for mapping postseismic deformation after the 2003 Bam (Iran) Earthquake. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 2009, 47(9), 3220-3230.
- Feng W, Xu L, Xu Z, Li Z, Li C, Zhao H. Source parameters of the 2008 Gaize Mw 6.4 and Mw 5.9 earthquakes from InSAR measurements. Chinese Journal of Geophysics (Chinese Edition) 2009, 52(4), 983-993.
- Li Z, Liu Y, Zhou X, Cross P, Feng W. Using small baseline Interferometric SAR to map nonlinear ground motion: a case study in Northern Tibet. Journal of Applied Geodesy 2009, 3(3), 163-170.
- Konca A, Avouac J-P, Sladen A, Meltzner A, Sieh K, Fang P, Li Z, Galetzka J, Genrich J, Chlieh M, Natawidjaja D, Bock Y, Fielding E, Ji C, Helmberger D. Partial rupture of a locked patch of the Sumatra megathrust during the 2007 earthquake sequence. Nature 2008, 456(7222), 631-635.
- Li Z, Feng W, Xu X, Cross P, Zhang J. The 1998 Mw 5.7 Zhangbei-Shangyi (China) earthquake revisited: A buried thrust fault revealed with interferometric synthetic aperture radar. Geochemistry, Geophysics, Geosystems 2008, 9(4), Q04026.
- Samsonov S, Tiampo K, Rundle J, Li Z. Application of DInSAR-GPS optimization for derivation of fine-scale surface motion maps of Southern California. IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 2007, 45(2), 512-521.
- Rao K, Al-Jassar H, Phalke S, Rao Y, Muller J-P, Li Z. A study on the applicability of repeat-pass SAR interferometry for generating DEMs over several Indian test sites. International Journal of Remote Sensing 2006, 27(3), 595-616.
- Li Z, Muller J-P, Cross P, Albert P, Fischer J, Bennartz R. Assessment of the potential of MERIS near-infrared water vapour products to correct ASAR interferometric measurements. International Journal of Remote Sensing 2006, 27(2), 349-365.
- Li Z, Fielding E, Cross P, Muller J-P. Interferometric synthetic aperture radar atmospheric correction: GPS topography-dependent turbulence model. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2006, 111(B2), B02404.
- Li Z, Fielding E, Cross P, Muller J-P. Interferometric synthetic aperture radar atmospheric correction: Medium Resolution Imaging Spectrometer and Advanced Synthetic Aperture Radar integration. Geophysical Research Letters 2006, 33(6), L06816.
- Li Z, Muller J-P, Cross P, Fielding E. Interferometric synthetic aperture radar (InSAR) atmospheric correction: GPS, moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer (MODIS), and InSAR integration. Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 2005, 110(B3), B03410.
- Li Z, Muller J-P, Cross P. Comparison of precipitable water vapor derived from radiosonde, GPS, and moderate-resolution imaging spectroradiometer measurements. Journal of Geophysical Research: Atmospheres 2003, 108(D20), 4651.