Our PhD research degrees enable you to conduct independent research with our world leading academic and research staff.
A PhD typically takes three to four years. Upon completion, you will be capable of continuing your research at any University in the world or moving into industry as a highly respected expert in your field.
Postgraduate Open Day - Wednesday 8 February 2017
If you're thinking about postgraduate study then come along to our Postgraduate Open Day and find out more. Here you'll have the opportunity to:
- find out more about your study options by talking to academics and current students
- find out more information on fees and funding opportunities
- attend our postgraduate talk to hear about the wide range of postgraduate taught and research programmes
- see our fantastic facilities and postgraduate learning environment
- hear about how postgraduate study can enhance your employability skills and help you take the next step in your chosen career or area of research
Rediscover your passion for learning and stand out from a crowd - register your place:
Scholarships and bursaries
The School of Civil Engineering and Geosciences offers a broad range of studentships for postgraduate students studying for a Master's or a PhD.