The Transport Operations Research Group (TORG) at Newcastle University is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in transport research and postgraduate teaching.
Its core areas of expertise include transport and the environment; public transport systems; demand responsive transport travel behaviour and attitudinal modelling; automatic debiting and road-user charging; highway design; network and environmental modelling; transport economics; and transport telematics.
Professional development courses offered by the Transport Group are delivered by University academics and industry experts, and supported by relevant institutions and associations.
- Air Pollution
- Air Quality and Health
- Asphalt Materials and Pavements
- Collision Prevention and Reduction
- Delivering Policy with Traffic and Environmental Monitoring
- Design of Transport Infrastructure
- Economic and Environmental Appraisal of Transport Activities
- Electromobility and Low Carbon Vehicles
- Highway Geometric Design
- Intelligent Transport Systems
- Intelligent Transport Systems: Technologies, Systems and Implementation
- Railway Economics
- Railway Management
- Railway Planning
- Road Safety Audits
- Road Safety Policy
- Traffic and Environment Management for Sustainability
- Traffic Flow and Control
- Traffic Interventions for Environmental Management
- Transport and Environmental Appraisal: Tools and Techniques
- Transport Modelling and Forecasting
- Transport Planning and Sustainable Mobility
- Transport Policy and Legislation
An option for formal assessment and Master credits may be available for some courses.
Many of the courses are modules on taught Masters programmes in Transport, which may be taken as either full time or part time.
You may also be interested in ...
Transport professionals may also be interested in the short courses offered in Geomatics.
- Geographic Information Systems
- Geodesy and Surveying
Courses in Geomatics can be delivered at a client's premises. Please contact the Professional Development Unit for details.