Developing a new generation of integrated methods for analysis and decision making.
We look at complex coupled technological, human and natural systems under conditions of long term change and often severe uncertainty.
Our research is structured around six themes. These form an iterative learning loop:
- Hazard and Environmental change
- Observation and Monitoring
- Systems Modelling
- Decision Support
- Impact and Engagement
At the centre of these activities sit the integrated demonstrations of infrastructure systems, catchments and cities.
We continually interact with our stakeholders and the wider public. This informs and updates our research programme.
Our outputs have included the:
- UK Climate Programme (UKCP09) weather generator
- National Flood Risk Assessment for England and Wales
- Urban Integrated Assessment Facility and its application to London
- Eden Demonstration Test Catchment