A Cross-faculty Research Centre
Bringing together researchers in bioinformatics and health informatics.
The Centre for Health and Bioinformatics (CHaBi) is a Newcastle University research centre, set up to address the following aims:
- The identification and coordination of local expertise
- The integration of research teams across the University of Newcastle with common aims towards collaboration
- Enhance support for bioinformatics and health informatics using mechanisms such as delivery through the Newcastle University Bioinformatics Support Unit (BSU)
- Train the next generation of bioinformaticians and health informaticians whilst exploring the complementarity between the two fields
- Raise the national and international profile of Newcastle University bioinformatics and health informatics research
Membership of the centre is open to all. Please sign up to become a member of the centre and receive updates of the centre’s activities.