Useful Online Resources for Chemistry Teachers
Newcastle University's Teacher's Toolkit
The Royal Society of Chemistry's online resources include:
- Bestchoice - www.bestchoice.net.nz - a learning support website with options for ALL UK A-level exam specifications.
- Spectra School - www.spectraschool.org - support for teaching spectroscopy - mass, i.r., u.v., 1H and 13C n.m.r. spectra for over 50 compounds.
- Interactive Lab Primer - www.chem-ilp.net - support for practical techniques - explanations, animations and narrated video clips covering practical techniques needed at both A-level and stage 1 undergraduate level.
Other secondary resources:
Other RSC websites to support Chemistry teaching include:
- Practical Chemistry - www.practicalchemistry.org
- ChemIT - www.chemit.co.uk
- Interactive Periodic Table - www.interactiveperiodictable.org
- LearnNet - www.rsc.org/education/teachers/learnnet
Please also see the Teachers section of the Education section of the RSC website.
Free online databases of spectra and other information:
In addition to submitting a query to us you might want to search the World Wide
Web. Use the links to go to your favourite search engine.