Learn latest theory and be at the cutting edge of scientific discoveries with research-active staff.
Our staff are currently conducting research into some of the most cutting-edge areas of contemporary science, making a real difference to our understanding of chemistry.
Research topics include:
- anticancer drug discovery
- application of biomimetic approaches to the synthesis of natural products and new materials
- the design and synthesis of low-dimensional systems (eg films, wires and particles)
- fundamental studies of nanomaterials and their chemical and physical properties
- energy processes and electrochemistry
- structure and spectroscopy of molecular systems
Our postgraduate students play a central role in this intellectual community, are vital to the continued vibrancy of the School.
Find out more
Find out more about the research taking place at the School.